- FROM THE EDITOR. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the creation a new name for the column "From the Editor's Desk," "intelligent design" creationism by Norman Sleep and Lawrence S. Lerner and book reviews from John Timmer' blog.
- United Kingdom. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on a question included in a national test that was administered on June 22, 2009 in Great Britain regarding theories on the development of new species of plants and animals such as creationism and intelligent design.
- Genomics luminary weighs in on US faith debate. Check, Erika // Nature;7/13/2006, Vol. 442 Issue 7099, p114
The article reports on the debate generated from the views of scientist Francis Collins on combining a strong religious faith with a zeal for the scientific method. Collins takes a strong stand against some religious beliefs such as creationism and intelligent design. He embraces a theology...
- The science in the intelligent design debate: teach it like it is. Bateman, Philip W.; Moran-Ellis, Jo // South African Journal of Science;Jul2007, Vol. 103 Issue 7/8, p271
INTELLIGENT DESIGN,THE NEW INCARNATION of creationism, is appearing in schools and universities across the world. The stock response by scientists seems to be: 'It is not science'. What proponents of intelligent design and irreducible complexity have managed to do, however, is introduce enough...
- Evolution through kenosis. . Williams, David T. // Expository Times;May2010, Vol. 121 Issue 8, p390
Despite the evidence for evolution, it remains unproven, and has several unresolved issues, notably its relation to entropy and its possibility in the accepted timescale. Christians also continue to debate how it relates to the biblical account of creation. A solution is that as God has limited...
- Fake ID: Pa. Lawsuit Should Expose Creationist Foray Into Public Schools. // Church & State;Oct2005, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p13
Focuses on the effect of the proposed intelligent design for public schools to public education nationwide. Assertion on the invasion of religion in science classrooms; Importance of keeping public schools free from sectarian control; Association of ID with an evolved form of creationism.
- Unintelligent Design: Interview with Mark Perakh. Branch, Glenn // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p15
An interview with physicist Mark Perakh is presented. When asked on how he started on the field of creationism, he describes how he became interested in "intelligent design" through the ideas of creationism. Perakh also shares the result of his investigations of creationism into its propositions...
- Whither "Intelligent Design" Creationism? Lerner, Lawrence S. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the historical and philosophical evolution of "intelligent design" creationism. It explores on various related concepts of creationism which have helped creationists to introduce the supernatural works into observable nature. It also talks about the biological concepts...
- How Not to Attack Intelligent Design Creationism: Philosophical Misconceptions About Methodological Naturalism. Boudry, Maarten; Blancke, Stefaan; Braeckman, Johan // Foundations of Science;Aug2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p227
In recent controversies about Intelligent Design Creationism (IDC), the principle of methodological naturalism (MN) has played an important role. In this paper, an often neglected distinction is made between two different conceptions of MN, each with its respective rationale and with a different...