The CAPITAL CRUNCH
- Citi leads in market-cap derby; top 100 gained 10% in quarter. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;4/13/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 68, p1
Reports on the market capitalization of banks with emphasis on Citicorp. Information on the market capitalization of NationsBank Corporation; Reference to the merger bewteen Citicorp and Travelers Group; Comments from James J. Mcdermott, chairman/chief executive of Keefe, Bruyette & Woods...
- The 5 largest quarterly gains in market capitalization. // American Banker;4/13/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 68, p28
Presents statistical information on the 5 largest quarterly gains in market capitalization for the period ending March 31, 1998.
- The 5 largest quarterly losses in market capitalization. // American Banker;4/13/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 68, p28
Presents statistical information on the 5 largest quarterly losses in market capitalization for the period ending March 31, 1997.
- Stress the banking connection with joint-ventured new services. Kurz, Donald A. // ABA Banking Journal;Jun85, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p37
Presents guidelines for a bank to make successful joint-ventured on selling insurance or investment services. Installation of a training program; Establishment of a profit center; Integration of services information goals.
- Paying to Play In Vegas. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/13/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p10
Reports the plan for an open checkbook for gaming investment banking business. Integration of the purchases and payment of debt; Ways of obtaining the piece of the Le Reve deal; Role of superstar research analysts in helping banks win deals.
- New York area's largest investment banks. Cullen, Jennifer Felser; Bouillon, Nathalie // Crain's New York Business;1997 Book of Lists, Vol. 12 Issue 53, p10
Presents a list of the 20 largest investment banks in New York City, ranked by public debt and equity offerings.
- Fewer banks trying their luck with proprietary mutual funds. Talley, Karen // American Banker;4/28/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 80, p1
Reports on the decreasing number of banks entering into the investment management business beginning in the year 1992. Creation of propriety funds by Bremer Financial Corp.; Customers demands for investment options; Fierce competition among banks in the investment management business.
- Gran with a plan. Simon, Emma // Money Marketing;2/21/2013, p35
The author comments on investment advice being offered by banks to consumers in Great Britain.
- Investment-firm deals tangle banks' relationships. Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;10/1/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 189, p1
Reports on commercial and investment banks' re-examination of their business relationships in light of major banks' plans to buy investment banks such as Montgomery Securities. Need for investment bankers to put extra effort into maintaining relationships with commercial bank clients; Deals...