INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p50
Present charts and graphs depicting the private equity in investment banking in the U.S. Acquisition of Questron Technology Inc. by GE Supply; Presentation of the private equity fundraising; Debt payment of the Metromedia Fiber Network.
- Big Pharma's Mid-Market Influence. Marino, Jonathan // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/1/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 17, p24
The article discusses optimism among mid-market dealmakers in the U.S. It focuses on the belief of mid-market dealmakers in private equity that mergers and acquisitions beginning to penetrate in the pharmaceutical industry will result in opportunities for them. The opportunities might include...
- LINCOLN CONTINUES GLOBAL EXPANSION. Fugazy, Danielle // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2007, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p54
The article focuses on the global expansion of Chicago, Illinois-based investment bank Lincoln Partners. The firm, founded in 1966, focuses on middle-market merger and acquisition (M&A) deals. Lincoln Partners international arm Lincoln International organized its industry group practices across...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/8/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 34, p14
Presents charts and graphs of private equity financing, as of September 2, 2003. Distribution by region; Venture capital funds; Buyout/mezzanine funds; Top investment banks advising leveraged buyouts in the United States and worldwide.
- Banks' Equity Bridges May Be More Like Tightropes. M. S. // High Yield Report;5/28/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p1
The article reports that investment banks engaged in arranging debt for large leveraged buyouts (LBO) funds are taking risks in creating equity bridges to aid private equity sponsors. It is mentioned that equity bridge loans allows the sponsor or sponsors to avoid bringing more private equity...
- Evercore Builds Out Fund Placement Biz. Marino, Jonathan // Investment Management Weekly;2/25/2010, p1
The article reports that Evercore Partners will acquired the fund placement unit belonging to Neuberger Berman. The unit will be under the Evercore Private Funds Group brand, with eight of its employees joining Evercore. The investment bank will attempt to grow the private funds group into the...
- Careful What You Wish For. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/6/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 31, preceding p3
The author reflects on the participation of publicly traded companies in investment banking in the U.S. According to the author, the private equity (PE) firm M&A would likely to stop its operation because larger companies are now using their shares as currency. He states that the strategy gives...
- Flurry of dealmaking wraps up busy year. PARK, MICHELLE // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/14/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p0001
The article reports on the increase in the number of merger and acquisition (M&A) deals that were closed by companies offering advisory services in Northeast Ohio in the fourth quarter of 2012, noting that expectations remain high for 2013. It considers 2012 as a record year for deal volume and...
- M&a 2004 HEADING FOR A RECORD YEAR? Stewart, Jules // Global Finance;Feb2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p18
Forecasts trends and developments in the merger and acquisition industry in the U.S. and Europe for 2004. Investment banking; Economic conditions; Activities of private equity firms; Corporate debt; Business operations and financial performance.