The Upcoming Biotech Battle
- Mid-year, generics and biotechs are thriving. Arnold, Matthew // Medical Marketing & Media;Oct2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p32
Reports on the increase in sales of biotechnology and generic drugs, according to June 2002 update on the global market pharmaceutical by IMS Health. Therapy sales breakdown; Generics penetration in the U.S.
- Where Biotechs, Generics Converge. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;04/16/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p60
Focuses the convergence of generic and biotechnology drug makers for Sicor Inc. in Irvine, California. Similarity between Sicor and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.; Assets of biotech companies; Concerns on the intellectual property protection.
- Controversy clouds biogenerics market. Chater, Amanda // Drug Store News;8/28/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p60
The article reports on the controversy surrounding biogenerics, generic versions of biotechnology drugs. Biotechnology manufacturers cites the difficulty of producing an exact replica of a biotechnology drug, made from living cells with large molecules. The advantages of biogeneric drugs include...
- Under Review. // Pharmaceutical Executive;May2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p142
Highlights several issues critical to the pharmaceutical industry that need to be addressed. Need to balance companies' intellectual property rights with patients' right to access lower-priced generics; Pharmacovigilance and fast-track registration; Biotechnology issues.
- Research & Markets: The Essential 2011 Global Pharmaceuticals Industry Guide With Profiles of the Leading Companies in the Industry. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/14/2011, p216
The article focuses on the "Global: Pharmaceuticals Industry Guide," which contains the profiles of the leading companies in the industry. The reports provides expert analysis with distinct chapters for generics, life sciences tools & services, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and life sciences....
- U.S. companies lagging in biogenerics. Chater, Amanda // Drug Store News;9/25/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p36
The article reports on the approval for the production of biogenerics where the U.S. is lagging behind Europe despite being the biggest pharmaceutical market in the world. Experts say that it is because these drugs are more difficult and expensive to classify and manufacture. The success of...
- European Generic Firms Mount Biosimilars Push. O'Donnell, Peter // BioWorld International;12/5/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 49, p4
This article reports on a public campaign that was launched by the European generic medicines association European Generic Medicines Association (EGA) to win acceptance of biosimilars or the generic versions of biotechnology medicines. The guide being distributed by generic companies is...
- Preparing for biogenerics. // European Pharmaceutical Executive;Jul/Aug2005, p16
The article presents the new report "The Biogenerics Market Outlook: An analysis of market dynamics, growth drivers and leading players." It determines the key supporters and oppositions of the launching of generic biologic medicines worldwide. Included in the report are an analysis of which...
- Global Pharma: A Mid-Year Health Check. Lewis, Graham // European Pharmaceutical Executive;Jul/Aug2005, p30
The article provides global updates in the pharmaceutical industry for 2005. The growth in the industry continues to see a single digit global revenue. In the U.S., which is the largest market has a single digit growth, while Europe and Japan are likely to continue in high and low single digit...