NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD
- 5-Year Mystery Category Review Shows Trade Paper's Growth, Expanding Author Influence. // Book Publishing Report;May2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses the five-year mystery book review category in the U.S. It states that the mystery and detective categories remain in the top ten ranking. It mentions that publishers are putting more emphasis on the trade paperback format which readers are willing to buy. The article states...
- Paperback plums. // Book Links;Mar1996, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p6
Reviews the books `Abuela's Weave,' by Omar S. Casteneda, `Babe, the Gallant Pig,' by Dick King-Smith, `Baby Rattlesnake,' by Te Ata and `The Gift of the Girl Who Could't Hear,' by Susan Shreve. Other books highlighted. INSET: Professional paperbacks..
- Paperback plums. // Book Links;Jan1995, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p64
Lists paperbacks on various topics. Includes `Baby-O,' by Nancy White Carlstrom and illustrated by Sucie Stevenson; `The Eggs,' by Aliki; `Seals,' by Eric S. Grace and photographs by Fred Bruemmer.
- Now in paperback. Campbell, Kim // Christian Science Monitor;1/26/95, Vol. 87 Issue 42, pB4
Lists books and novels published in paperback as reported on January 26, 1995. Details and review of the books.
- Forecasts: Trade paperbacks. Simson, Maria // Publishers Weekly;1/8/96, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p62
Reviews several nonfiction and fiction paperbacks. Includes `The Second John McPheee Reader,' by John McPhee, selected by David Remnick and Patricia Strachan; `Cult Rapture,' by Adam Parfrey; `Dat's Love,' by Leonora Brito; `They Forged the Signature of God,' by Viriato Sencion, translated by...
- Beachy books. Bennefield, Robin M. // U.S. News & World Report;7/08/96, Vol. 121 Issue 2, p77
Mentions four paperback books. `Where the Heart Is,' by Bille Letts; `All the Winters That Have Been,' by Evan Maxwell; `The Legacy of Bagger Vance' by Steven Pressfield; `Under the Beetle's Cellar,' by Mary Willis Walker.
- New in paperback. // Entertainment Weekly;10/03/97, Issue 399, p75
Mentions the release of three paperback books for the week of October 3, 1997. `I'm Losing You,' by Bruce Wagner; `Depth Takes a Holiday,' by Sandra Tsing Loh; `The Total Package,' by Thomas Hine.
- Paperbacks for children. McGrath, Joan // Emergency Librarian;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p60
Presents several paperbacks for children such as `Ancient China,' by R. Nicholson and C. Watts, `Ancient Egypt,' by R. Nicholson and C. Watts, `The Boy Who Made Dragonfly,' by Tony Hillerman and others. Description of each book.
- New in paperback. // Entertainment Weekly;02/20/98-02/27/98, Issue 419/420, p108
Mentions the release of three paperback books for the week of February 20, 1998. `A Pound of Flesh,' by Art Linson; `A Quiet Life,' by Kenzaburo Oe; `Snow in August,' by Pete Hamill.