PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Kloske Gets New Role. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p12
Announces the promotion of Geoff Kloske from senior editor to executive editor at Simon & Schuster.
- GEOFF KLOSKE. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/7/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 50, p25
The article focuses on the life and career of Geoff Kloske, president of publishing company Riverhead Books who has received Notables of the Year award from periodical "Publishers Weekly."
- Zilavy, Lombardi Get New Barnes & Noble Posts. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p10
Focuses on changes in the upper management ranks of Barnes & Noble. Duties of Larry Zilavy as executive vice president of corporate finance and strategic planning; Information on his successor as chief financial officer, Joseph Lombardi.
- Barnes & Noble Lowers Fourth-Quarter Estimates. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/23/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 51, p9
Reports on the decision of Barnes & Noble (B&N) to lower its forecast for both fourth-quarter comparable-store sales and earnings per share for the period in 2002. Reason behind the decision according to B&N chief financial officer Larry Zilavy; Expected earnings per share of the bookstore...
- Management Shifts at B&N. // Publishers Weekly;6/24/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 25, p20
Looks at changes in the management of Barnes & Noble Incorporated (B&N). Promotion of Maureen O'Connell at B&N; Career background of Larry Zilavy, appointed chief financial officer at B&N.
- Frey's pub taps Kloske. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;1/26/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 19, p4
The article reports on the employment of Geoff Kloske as publisher for the Penguin Putnam Inc.'s Riverhead unit, the publisher of James Frey's "A Million Little Pieces." Kloske replaces Julie Grau and Cindy Spiegel, who helped found Riverhead but left for Random House division Doubleday in the...
- How to entertain kids on a car trip? Reach for Rubberneckers. Holmstrom, David // Christian Science Monitor;8/2/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 176, p14
Focuses on the game Rubberneckers which is intended for families on automobile trips. Points which are received for seeing certain objects or situations while in the car; Awards won by the game's designers including the Oppenheimer Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award; Invention of the game by...
- The Experiment Finds the Right Formula. Habash, Gabe // Publishers Weekly;9/24/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 39, p11
The article discusses titles from publisher the Experiment. President Matthew Lore says robust sales of the book "Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health" are due in part to a documentary it is based on. He notes that the book "Baby-Led Weaning" has prompted much discussion in Internet...