- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;07/24/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p7
Presents several articles of the finances of publishing companies in the United States. Details on the publishing revenues of Time Inc.; Information on the net income of Time Warner; Percentage of revenue increase of the education and professional publishing at the McGraw-Hill companies; Net...
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;08/14/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p5
Reports the increase in revenues of book publishers in the United States. Includes Golden Books, Meridith Corp. and Nebraska Book Co.; Comparison of financial performance between 1999 and 2000; Factors attributing to the increase in revenues of the publishers.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p8
Reports on financial performance of publishing companies as of November 4, 2002. Financial performance of Meredith Corp. for the first quarter of its fiscal year 2003; Third quarter revenues of Harlequin; Efforts of Audible Inc. to avoid delisting from the Nasdaq.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;3/31/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p2
Reports financial developments related to the book publishing industry in the U.S. as of March 2003. Revenue generation of Random House; Ranking of publishers based on the corporate profits; Increase in the working capital of the Millbroook Press.
- Publishers' earnings mixed in second qtr. LaPorte, Nicole // Daily Variety;7/16/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the second-quarter earnings results of publishing companies in the U.S. Impact of the economy and the war in Iraq on businesses; Decrease demand for advertising; Influence of foreign exchange rates on income.
- Editor & Publisher foreign media stock values. // Editor & Publisher;2/10/96, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p12
Presents a chart on the stock performance of foreign media firms in the United States on January 31, 1996 and February 7, 1996. Includes Hollinger Inc.; News Corp.; Pearson Ltd.; Quebecor Inc.; Reuters Holdings; Southam Inc.
- FINDING THE RIGHT FULFILLMENT BUREAU. Stuthard, Brenda // Circulation Management;Jan2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the steps taken by publishers in choosing subscription fulfillment bureaus. Importance of fulfillment bureau evaluation team in the search of service bureaus; Reasons behind the decision of publishers to leave an existing service bureau; Goals in looking at financials and any other...
- Wilmington's warning. Grant, Alex // Printing World;12/16/2002, Vol. 280 Issue 11-13, p16
Focuses on the impact of the trading conditions on the business performance of Wilmington, the B2B magazine publisher in Great Britain. Decision of the company to focus on legal and professional markets; Effects of cost-cutting on the company's finances.
- Investments Weaken Earnings at Millbrook. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 46, p11
Reports on the decline in earnings of Millbrook Press in 2001 caused by the marginal increase in its revenues. Investment expenses in launching the fiction imprint, Roaring Brook Press; Increase in the company's expenses in telemarketing, direct-marketing and direct-selling materials; Plan of...