Allete, Florida Municipalities Discussing Sale of Utilities
- Allete Looking at 'Other Buyers' for Florida Water Services. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible sale of Florida Water Services Corp. by Duluth, Minnesota-based public company Allete Inc. after a judge ruled to block the sale until it is approved by the state Public Services Commission. Possible utilization of the sales proceeds; Business services offered by Florida...
- Allete: Florida Water Deal Is On. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31685, p1
Reports on the plans of Allete Inc. to sell water and sewer systems owned by its subsidiary Florida Water Services Corp. Sale of the systems to counties and cities in Florida; Purchase of the system by issuance of tax-exempt bonds.
- Is the Florida Water Services Case a Muni Enron? Lissack, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Presents an opinion on formation of Florida Water Service Inc. by Allete Inc. to earn undue profits. Number of utility customers exploited by Florida Water Service Inc.; Charges against Florida Water Services; Alternative proposal to resolve the issue of Florida Water Services.
- Judge to Decide on Stay That's Blocking Florida Water Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31560, p4
Reports on possible judgement on a court stay involving Duluth, Minnesota-based public company Allete Inc. that will allow the company to sale its subsidiary Florida Water Services Corp. Particulars of lawsuits filed against the subsidiary sale ; Tallahassee, Florida attorney Michael Twomey's...
- Florida Water Saga Nears End With Series of Local Bond Sales. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p1
Reports on the end of water saga in the series of local bond sales in Florida. Inclusion of Florida assets; Acquisition of the community on Florida Water Services Inc.; Price of the utility systems revenue in Palm Coast. INSET: The Deals Are in the Details.
- Florida PSC Claims Jurisdiction in Utility Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31567, p1
Reports on the order given by Florida Public Service Commission to Florida Water Services Corp. for not selling its water and sewer systems until an application transferring the utility systems is submitted by the deadline. Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to issue revenue bonds for...
- Keeping Tabs. // DRIP Investor;Aug2004, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p9
The article presents information about some U.S. companies which are offering No-Load Stock programs. These programs are dividend reinvestment plans in which investors may make even initial purchases directly from the company. Some of the United States firms which permit initial purchases...
- Supporters Fear Gov. Bush May Hold Water Bill Hostage. // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p3
Reports on consternation among lawmakers regarding the postponement of sale of revenue bonds owned by Florida Water Service Corp. due to Florida governor Jeb Bush's debate with lawmakers on certain issues. Number of lobbyists working for Florida Water Services in the state; Effect of lack of...
- August retail sales rose 9.1 percent. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/17/99, Vol. 46 Issue 38, p32A
Cites the retail sales growth posted by United States companies in August 1998.