- Budget Autonomy Could Buoy Ratings, D.C. Officials Testify. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32647, p3
The article reports on the concerns of the local officials about the District of Columbia Budget Autonomy Act. District Delegate Eleanor Homes Norton, the sponsor of the District of Columbia Budget Autonomy Act of 2007 stresses that bond rating is affected since Wall Street looks favorably on...
- D.C. Political Roundup. Wright, James // Washington Informer;7/12/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 39, p5
The article discusses about the chances of reelection of Eleanor Holmes Norton, delegate to the United States Congress, and District of Columbia Young Democrats (DCYD) training and registering young democrats.
- Northeast Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32089, p33
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. Campaign of Eleanor Holmes Norton to her fellow Democrats to support her request for an appropriation for a proposed sewer project in the House; Hold of bids on water, sewage, and general construction bonds by the Washington Suburban Sanitation...
- Delegate says feds should pick up more of DC's Medicaid tab. Viebeck, Elise // Hill;3/20/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p14
The article reports on the new measure proposed by Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton which will allow a five-percent increase the contribution of the federal government to Medicaid in Washington, D.C.
- Norton: District got an extra $125 million in budget talks. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30502, p4
Focuses on the additional federal budget allocated to Washington, D.C. according to congressional delegate Eleanor Norton. Distribution of the additional fund for the city's projects; Elimination of social policy provisions under the budget.
- Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton Introduces Ron Brown Tort Bill. // Jet;05/03/99, Vol. 95 Issue 22, p40
Reports that United States Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton and other legislators have re-introduced the Ron Brown Tort Equality Act of 1999, marking the third anniversary of the crash in Croatia of the military jet carrying Commerce Secretary Ron Brown.
- Firebrand: Congresswoman Norton. Purnell, John // Advocate;6/16/92, Issue 605, p69
Profiles Eleanor Holmes Norton, Washington D.C.'s nonvoting delegate at the House of Representatives. Personal background; Career history; Political career; Efforts of Norton to get Congress to adopt gay and lesbian issues.
- D.C. Political Roundup. Wright, James // Washington Informer;7/4/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 38, p5
The article presents information on the election conducted by Ward 5 Democrats in District of Columbia (D.C.) for election of new officers for 2013-2015 and it also discusses efforts undertaken by Eleanor Holmes Norton, Delegate to the U.S. Congress from D.C. for the community.
- D.C. Hopes to Benefit From Tax Bill Now in Congress. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p28
Reports the introduction of a taxation bill sponsored by House delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton in Washington D.C. Exemption of the district from the private-activity bond volume cap and providing tax incentives; Elimination of a category of capital gains taxation for businesses; Impact of the...