Transport Group: Local Funding Vital to N.Y.C. Region
- ON A FAST TRACK. Rohl, Ernest H.; Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;May2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p46
Focuses on the goal of North Carolina of transforming its railroad system to make its competitive with other transport system. Importance of speed for business travelers; Information on the Southeast High-Speed Rail Corridor being worked by several states with the U.S. Department of...
- Surface and Maritime Transportation: Developing Strategies for Enhancing Mobility: A National Challenge: GAO-02-775. // GAO Reports;8/30/2002, p1
The U.S. surface and maritime transportation systems include roads, mass transit systems, railroads, and ports and waterways. One of the major goals of these systems is to provide and enhance mobility, that is, the free flow of passengers and goods. Mobility provides people with access to goods,...
- green room: environmental updates. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Dec2010, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p11
The article offers updates on the transportation policy in the U.S. It mentions the effort of Atlanta, Georgia Mayor Kasim Reed asking the government to fund for the city's streetcar project. It notes that Georgia has received a 4.1 million dollars transportation grant to study high-speed rail line.
- Taking the rail transit case to Congress. Millar, William W. // Railway Age;Feb2001, Vol. 202 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on the legislation issues on rail transit in the United States (U.S.) as of February 2001. Observations on public transit ridership; Budget issues to be considered by the U.S. Department of Transportation for the year 2002; Passenger rail access; Commuter railroad issues.
- States in Rush For Rail Funds: At Least 11 Seek Share of $8B. DUTTON, AUDREY // Bond Buyer;8/27/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33174, p1
The article reports that 11 states in the U.S. including California and New York have asked for a portion of the 8 billion dollars of federal high-speed rail stimulus funds. It notes that the states who applied for the first batch of funding have formed regional coalitions that will secure funds...
- Lip service from Washington. Kaufman, Lawrence H. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/17/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p19
Comments on the failure of the U.S. Department of Transportation to develop a national transportation policy. Problems with the transportation system; Factors that contributed to increase in railroad traffic; Transportation funding provided by the government.
- House Passes $7-Billion, 4-Year Amtrak Bill. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/9/2015, p1
House passes $7-billion, 4-year Amtrak bill
- NE Corridor Scores Big Share Of Rail Aid Florida Rejected. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/16/2011, Vol. 266 Issue 14, p19
The article reports that rail projects on the Northeast Corridor were the major beneficiaries of the 2 billion U.S. dollars in aid that Florida turned down in early 2011. The U.S. Department of Transportation redistributed the grant after Florida Governor Rick Scott cancelled his state's rail...
- Rules to be tightened. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2014, Vol. 170 Issue 9, p36
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Transportation's issuance of a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on July 23, 2014 for proposals aimed at improving safety in the movement of flammable materials by rail.