Finance Committee Mulls Taxable Bond Program for Transit
- Oklahoma Democrats Link Bond Plans to Tax Cuts. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/9/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33711, p4
The article reports on the announcement of Oklahoma Senate Democratic minority leaders that they would propose any state bond proposals if Republican-sponsored state income tax cuts remain.
- PAB Ban Proposed for Certain P3s. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;3/14/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33679, p4
The article reports on the support of the U.S. Senate for the proposed ban of the usage of private-activity bond financing on toll roads in 2012.
- Apartment Rents Rise 3.2% as New Projects Charge a Premium. // National Mortgage News;4/7/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on sale of debt tied to risky mortgages by financial services company Freddie Mac, as of April 2014. The topics discussed include the views of Mike Reynolds, a director of portfolio management, on the company's debt deals, a legislation introduced by U.S. senate banking...
- Senate Finance Committee Passes Tax Extenders Bill. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;4/7/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34088, p1
The article offers information on a bill "Expiring Provisions Improvement and Reform Efficiency Act "that extends expired and expiring tax provisions passed by the Senate Finance Committee in the U.S. in April 2014 related to bonds, state and local governments. Topics discussed include 2015...
- FDIC Raises Concerns About Covered Bonds. Kaper, Stacy // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/17/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the concerns raised by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) to lawmakers regarding covered bonds in the U.S. During the Senate Banking Committee hearing, the FDIC expresses its worries that covered bonds could only make bank failures more costly. Michael Krimminger,...
- BDA, Coalitions Make Muni Case to Senate Tax Reform Panels. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;4/15/2015, p26
The article reports that the Bond Dealers of America (BDA) and the Municipal Bonds for America Coalition have sent letters to the U.S. Senate Finance Committee requesting them to preserve the tax-exemption for municipal bonds and increase the bond limit. Topics include the importance of the...
- Senate panel approves D.C. budget, including $253 million in debt. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p36
Reports that the United States Senate Appropriations Committee has approved the District of Columbia's plan to issue $253 million in bonds for capital projects. Use of surpluses above a certain level for long-term debt reduction; Design of fund balance and reserve fund.
- Senators Call the House's Bluff Over Including 'Green Bonds' in Energy Bill. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31762, p5
Reports on the deliberation of the environmental bond provisions among the Senate energy negotiators in the U.S. Issuance of tax-exempt bonds; Assessment of the energy proposals; Expansion of the use of exempt facility bonds.
- Is The Present Scope Of Collecting Data On Private Individuals Necessary To The National Interest? CON. Ervin, Sam J. // Congressional Digest;Oct71, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p233
Focuses on remarks delivered by the author on the floor of the U.S. Senate on September 08, 1970, announcing the scheduling of hearings before the Subcommittee on Constitutional Rights of the Senate Judiciary Committee on the subjects of federal data banks and the Bill of Rights. Increase in...