Texas Governor to Call Special Session for School Funding
- Perry dismisses presidential rumors. Blake, Aaron // Hill;4/13/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p24
The article reports on the rejection by Texas Governor Rick Perry of rumors that he will be running for a national position.
- Shortsighted. DEL BOSQUE, MELISSA // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;Jul2013, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p5
The article informs that Rick Perry, Governor of Texas, has refused to expand Medicaid under Obamacare to include 1.5 million uninsured Texans but is facing a strong opposition from the proponents.
- Bush Successor Seen Staying the Course. Keller, Bess // Education Week;01/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p8
Focuses on the prioritization of education by Texas Governor Rick Perry. Endorsement of proposals for higher education; Expectation for Perry to support the state's existing school improvement efforts; Success in promoting legislation to put master reading teachers in schools.
- Taxes, Transportation Top Perry's List. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32218, p1
The article reports that Texas Governor Rick Perry has said that creative funding for transportation needs and enacting tax reform are the two key elements needed to promote the Lone Star State as a logical stage for economic development in the U.S. According to Perry that the current tax code,...
- Rick Perry Apologizes for Calling GOP Critics of Education for Immigrant Kids Heartless. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;9/28/2011, p8
The article reports that Texas Governor Rick Perry apologized for saying that those who oppose the education for immigrants in Texas are heartless. According to Perry, he was over-passionate by using the word and he says that it was inappropriate. Furthermore, it mentions that people will feel...
- QUOTE WALL. // Harvard Salient;5/4/2009, p2
The article presents quotations from Texas governor Rick Perry on the right of the state to leave the union, actress Janeane Garofalo on the Tax Day protests as motivated by hatred of the race of President Barack Obama and Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez on the U.S. being guilty of permanent...
- STATE OF EMERGENCY. Yannello, Amy // Emergency Management;Fall2007, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p20
The article presents information on the mobilization efforts initiated by the Emergency Management Council headed by Texas governor Rick Perry after U.S. President George Bush declared a state of emergency in the state days before 2007 Hurricane Dean was predicted to happen. Accordingly, the...
- Rick Perry's Camp Suggests He Plans to Duck Future Debates (UPDATED). GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;10/26/2011, p14
The article discusses the proposal of Governor Rick Perry to conduct future political debate in the U.S. It mentions that during his interview by Bill O'Reilly, he points out that he considers the debate formats aimed toward promoting an argument. According to Mark Miner, spokesperson of Perry,...
- Polar Opposites In Policy, A World Apart In Results. ARTHUR B. LAFFER // Investors Business Daily;10/ 7/2013, pA19
Rick Perry has again invaded the turf of Jerry Brown. I personally have advised both governors â€” including when each ran for his party's presidential nomination â€” and can attest to their character. Both are honest, intelligent, well-meaning, experienced and energetic, with unique...