Joint Maryland-Delaware Road Projects Could Rely on Bonds
- Riding Out The I-75 Traffic Jams. Lightsey, Ed // Georgia Trend;Jun2002, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the traffic congestion in Atlanta, Georgia. Proposal of a transportation regulation in the area; Impact of traffic on tourists; Design of the rail line..
- Transport study set to support Gainsborough growth strategy. Smulian, Mark // Planning (14672073);2/26/2010, Issue 1857, p6
The article reports on a study commissioned by Lincolnshire County Council and West Lindsey District Council concerning the ways on how to avoid traffic congestion in England.
- Wake-up call. Strempel // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/29/99, Vol. 38 Issue 48, p11
Focuses on the problem of traffic congestion at Connecticut's local Interstate highways. State's goal of five-percent reduction in peak period congestion along the coastal corridor by 2003; Viewing of transportation as an economic development issue; Contracts to improve transportation...
- Road rage. Bram, Jessica // Fairfield County Business Journal;09/18/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p17
Focuses on the effects of traffic congestion on the economy in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Sponsorship of a summit focusing on the connection between economic development and transportation; Establishment of the Southwest Corridor Implementation Plan; Need for the Department of...
- Clogged transportation arteries could kill growth. // Westchester County Business Journal;07/24/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 30, pM14
Focuses on efforts to reduce traffic congestion in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Proposal to hold a major traffic summit in September 2000; Recommended ideas and solutions.
- London's congestion charges could blaze a trail for Europe's big cities. Harding, David // Public Finance;3/1/2002, p10
Reports the introduction of congestion charges on the crammed roads by Mayor Ken Livingstone in London, England. Identification of major urban centers; Implementation of the traffic scheme; Effects of the scheme on business.
- Lessons from the intermodal state. Rajendra, Kunwar // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/25/95Supplement, Vol. 235 Issue 13, p10
Features Michigan's adoption of intermodal connectivity in the state's transportation system. Michigan's vision; Estimated traffic congestion costs per person in Detroit in 1992; Statewide transit system users; Implementation of a graphic display system called Extended Zonal Information from...
- Swampy, your hour will come again! Harrabin, Roger // New Statesman;02/26/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4526, p20
Deals with the transportation plan of the government of Great Britain to ease traffic congestion. Cost of the transportation plan project; Rate of increase in demand for road space; Flaws in the roads appraisal process of the government; Potential risks of building bypasses.
- How to end Britain's traffic jam. Burke, Tom // New Statesman;08/22/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4348, p14
Explains various ways to address car congestion in Great Britain. Fall of average speed of traffic in the cities; Economic cost of congestion; Flaws of current British transport policy; Geographical and cultural components of the transport crisis; Planning System to make car journeys...