DFW Doubles Deal Size to $1.7 Billion
- Many Guarantors Working With Issuers to Ease ARS Turmoil. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;4/9/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32853, p7
The article reports that U.S. financial guarantors teamed with issuers to search for solutions to their debt problems. Various issuers heeded the call, including Ambac Assurance Corp., MBIA Insurance Corp. and XL Capital Assurance Inc., although their limited exposure to the auction-rate market...
- Auburn GOs Coming. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p36
Reports on the plan of Auburn, Maine to competitively sell general obligation bonds to fund a new elementary school. Maturity date of the fixed-rate bonds; Application of the city for backing from Financial Security Assurance Inc., Ambac Assurance Corp., XL Capital Assurance Inc., and MBIA...
- District of Columbia toBegiriCoiiversion Process for $524.7M of ARS. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;5/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32880, p4
The article reports that the District of Columbia will convert $524.7 million worth of auction-rate securities (ARS) to variable-rate demand backed by letters of credit (LOCs). The LOCs are provided to Allied Irish Bank PLC, Bank of America NA and Dexia Credit Local. The ARS are insured by MBIA...
- S&P Downgrades FGIC to A from AA. Campbell, Daken // Money Management Executive;3/3/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
The article focuses on the credit ratings of some insurance firms given by Standard & Poor's Corp., one of the biggest credit agency, in the U.S. Standard & Poor's rated Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. from AA to A credit ratings. Capital Insurance Inc. is also rated to A-minus from AAA rating....
- Federal Judge Releases Details of XL Capital, Merrill Lynch Swap Decision. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/18/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32921, p7
The article reports on the release of a court decision by a federal judge that requires XL Capital Assurance Inc. to honor credit default swaps with Merrill Lynch and Co. in the U.S. According to federal Judge Jed Rakoff, the swap agreements between the two companies still have granted the...
- CLARIFICATION. // Asset Securitization Report;8/18/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p6
A correction to the article misstating the name of bond issuer XL Capital Assurance Inc. published in the July 28, 2008 issue is presented.
- XL Capital Still Painted as Newcomers, With Yields to Match. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p22
Reports on the rating of insurer XL Capital Assurance in the U.S. Bonds issued by the company; Products offered.
- XL Capital Gets VP For Consumer ABS. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p6
Reports on appointment of Deborah Murnin as vice president of consumer asset-backed finance in XL Capital Assurance Inc. Educational and career background of Murnin; Job responsibilities.
- XLCA Records a Net Loss for Second-Quarter Earnings. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p38
Reports the net loss of XL Capital Assurance in New York. Effect on the increased expenses of the company; Total loss of investments; Maintenance of employee base.