A New Connecticut Credit Readies $80 Million Deal
- D.C. Council Approves Plan To Create New Waterfront Corp. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p3
Reports on the Washington D.C.'s approval of a legislation that would create the Anacostia Waterfront Corp., an entity that would oversee the Anacostia Waterfront Initiative. Issuance of municipal bonds for projects included in the initiative; Redevelopment of blighted parts along the city's...
- D.C. Narrows Down Poplar Point Developers to Four Finalists. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;11/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32760, p8
The article reports developments of the $10 billion Anacostia Waterfront Initiative aimed at transforming land along Anacostia River into a waterfront property to be known as Poplar Point in Washington D.C. The government has selected four finalists to develop the waterfront. Information on the...
- Council May Ax Agencies. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32584, p9
The article reports on the plan of a District Council panel to consider a bill that would disband the National Capital Revitalization Corp. and the Anacostia Waterfront Corp., the two quasi-public city redevelopment agencies with bond-issuance authorization in Washington, D.C. The legislation...
- Chasing the tourist dollars. O'Flahertie, Susan // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p68
Reports on changes implemented on the Steampacket Place waterfront in Geelong, Victoria to improve its' tourism revenue generating potential. Work of the Geelong Development Agency involving creation of maritime, trading and industrial projects; Planned development of mineral springs; Features...
- Grants are streaming into LI waterfronts. Jochum, Glenn // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/10/96, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p23
Reports on the approval of several federal and state grants for the revitalization of Long Island, New York's waterfronts. Economic potential of the area from the Twin Forks to Long Beach and Port Washington; Comments of Alma Hyman, commissioner of planning and economic development for North...
- Along the waterfront. Rich, Charles // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/10/96, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p25
Stresses the need to develop neglected waterfronts in Long Island, New York. Level of waste contamination prevailing at such waterfronts; Cases of successful waterfront development; Need for cooperation between local regulatory agencies and developers.
- Irvington considers freeze on riverfront development. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/5/95, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the proposal that would halt development along Irvington, New York State's waterfront for six months. Scheduled village board meeting on the proposal; Features of the proposal; Comment by Stephen McCabe, village administrator.
- Dover City Council chomps at the bit over riverfront development proposal. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/12/96, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p5
Reports that the request for proposals for the development of the riverfront in Dover City, New Hampshire has been approved by the city council. Comment on the city council's action from Dover City Chamber of Commerce executive director, Jack Story.
- Committee Meeting on North Embarcadero Plans Moved to Aug. 24. // Log Newspaper;8/19/2011, Issue 901, p30
The article reports on the plan of San Diego's Board of Port Commissioners for Phase 1 of the North Embarcadero Visionary Plan improve its waterfront in San Diego, California on August 24, 2011.