Q1 Softness, Tight-Fisted Schools Afflict McGraw-Hill's K-12 Growth
- Recent McGraw-Hill Divestiture Could Be First Of Many. // Educational Marketer;01/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p5
Deals with McGraw-Hill's sale of digital printing centers to New Jersey-based Cunningham Graphics International.
- McGraw-Hill Beats Expectations for 2002; Education Revenue Grew 1.5%. // Electronic Education Report;2/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Reports that educational publisher McGraw-Hill Co. beat industry expectations for its 2002 fourth-quarter revenue.
- Learning curve. // Crain's New York Business;02/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p22
Provides a brief overview on the increase in McGraw-Hill Cos. fourth-quarter earnings.
- California Reading Adoption: Houghton Is Popular, But More Sales for All Are Still to Come. // Educational Marketer;10/14/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p1
Reports on Houghton Mifflin and McGraw-Hill's sales performance in the California K-8 reading adoption as of October 14, 2002.
- What's in a Name? McGraw-Hill Decides to Revisit its Branding. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p2
Focuses on the red and white logo of U.S. educational publisher McGraw-Hill.
- McGraw-Hill Captures Texas Science Adoption, Though Reception is Cool for its E-Book. // Educational Marketer;7/1/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p1
Reports that Texas schools have ordered a majority of science textbooks from New York-based publisher McGraw-Hill Co. Electronic textbook; Assessments to diagnose student comprehension of state's science standards; Prescriptive lessons to help raise student performance.
- From Textbooks to Tests, Educational Publishers Remain Upbeat About Growth for Rest of 2003. // Educational Marketer;5/12/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p1
Reports on growth forecast in the educational publishing industry for the rest of 2003 in the United States. Implications of the vagaries of the K-12 school funding situation; Revenue projection of McGraw-Hill Co. despite sluggish first-quarter K-12 revenue; Revenue growth projection of Pearson...
- Market Dynamics of 2003 Will Continue To Shape K-12 & College Industries in a Challenging 2004. // Educational Marketer;1/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p1
Presents forecasts for the U.S. educational publishing industry for 2004. Forecast for college publishing; Budget cuts for textbook purchases in Texas; Efforts of the federal government to make teaching methodologies and materials effective at improving student performance; Reorganization of...
- McGraw-Hill Posts Solid First-Quarter Results. // Book Publishing Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the corporate profits of New York-based McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. for the first quarter of 2004. Strong performance of the financial services division of the company in the education and advertising markets; Decline of the net income; Increase of the revenue of the education unit.