WebCT's Vallone Speaks Out on Going Global And Other College e-Learning Trends for 2003
- McGraw-Hill Puts Music Appreciation Course Online For College Students. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p7
Reports the launching of an online educational course for college students from McGraw Hill Education in November 2000.
- An analysis of required computer competencies for university students. Furst-Bowe, Julie; Boger, Carl // Journal of Research on Computing in Education;Winter95/96, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p175
Presents a study which analyzed the required computer competencies of students at the University of Wisconsin. Survey which aimed to obtain data on required computer competencies; Computer utilization; Curriculum design; Instructional objectives.
- Customer service factors of a Telematic Learning BBA degree. Bisschoff, C.A.; Bisschoff, A. // South African Journal of Education;Nov2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p228
Evaluates the customer service factors of a telematic learning systems (TLS) in South Africa. Accessibility of tertiary education; Features of TLS; Objectives of TLS.
- Sheffield wants to double e-learning. // e.learning age;May2004, p3
Reports on the decision of the University of Sheffield to select the WebCT Vista to expand its online learning capabilities in response to institute-wide demand. Implementation of WebCT Vista academic enterprise system; Increase in demand for both blended and fully online courses at Sheffield;...
- Internet2. EVELYN, JAMILAH // Community College Week;02/08/99, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p6
Focuses on Internet2, an advanced computer networking system that is expected to revolutionize higher education. Significance of the project; Efforts to transform colleges and universities through information technology; Two possibilities for community and other small colleges to become more...
- Davenport's Online MBA Listed At The Top. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/03/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 49, pB1
Highlights the 'U.S. News and World Report's' naming of Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Davenport University as having one of the nation's top electronic learning programs for higher education in business administration. Reasons for the award; Estimated number of students taking the electronic...
- Using Autography in Tynemouth College. Catley, Alan // Micromath;Summer2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p25
Describes Tynemouth College's use of Autograph software for the study and teaching of statistical data. Structured individual learning; Modeling of Autograph on the format of standard Microsoft applications; Users' ability to visualize concepts through Autograph.
- CPE reaching cyberspace. Kahan, Stuart // Practical Accountant;Jan97, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p45
Discusses the proliferation of continuing professional education (CPE) courses in the Internet. Announcement by CCH Inc. of courses for tax professionals to earn CPE credits; Cost of the courses; Instant availability of CPE courses; Increase of the availability of CPE by the American Institute...
- Web Page and Online Response Activities in an Undergraduate Nutrition Education Course. Rodriguez, Judith C. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p121
Focuses on the use of Web page and online response activities in undergraduate nutrition education course. Target audience; Objectives of the activities; Evaluation; Educational competencies that can be met with the use of Web page-making activities.