California Elementary Reading Powers Houghton Mifflin To Top of EM's 2002 Adoption Scorecard
- Houghton Won't Repeat Stellar 6-Month Performance for Full Year. // Educational Marketer;8/11/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the stellar performance of Houghton Mifflin Co., an educational material industry in the U.S. Increase on the second quarter sales for educational materials; Details on the marketing strategy of the firm on educational materials; Revenue of the company.
- HM to Up Spanish Output. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/17/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 51, p17
Reports on the plan of Houghton Mifflin to publish Spanish language educational materials with its English publications. Plan to work with Spanish publishers of parent company Vivendi Universal; Schedule for the publication of Spanish language materials; Overview of the Spanish initiatives of...
- Riverdeep, Houghton Mifflin and Thomson Stir More M&A Activity Than Has Been Seen Since 2001. // Educational Marketer;11/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p1
The article reports development of merger and acquisition activity in the educational publishing industry. Thomson Learning Corp. and Houghton Mifflin Co. have the potential to account for the acquisition amounting to $10 billion in 2006. Also, a Riverdeep Inc. and Houghton agreed to create a...
- Houghton Mufflin's $4B Acquisition of Harcourt Stirs the Juices of Educational Publishing Industry. // Educational Marketer;7/23/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the issues concerning the $4 billion acquisition of Harcourt Inc. by Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. The educational publishing industry is intrigued by the pending transaction of the two companies due to the high debt load and how they will be integrated....
- EM's Top 10 Stories In 2005 Show An Industry On The Move. // Educational Marketer;1/9/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p3
The article presents the top ten events in the PreK-12 and college publishing industry in the U.S. in 2005. They include the launch of an initiative to counter concerns about textbook pricing, the launch of two new basal textbook programs by Houghton Mifflin Co., the impact of the Hurricane...
- Houghton Mifflin And Princeton Review Benefit From Improved Sales And Marketing Efforts In Q1. // Educational Marketer;5/16/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p1
Reports that Houghton Mifflin's (Boston) educational publishing has grown its revenue 6.5% to $105.4 million in the first quarter of 2005, compared to the same period last year. Positive effect in both K-12 and college sales seen by Houghton Mifflin from its decision last May to expand its sales...
- Houghton Mifflin lands Illinois online contract; looking for more RFP's. // Electronic Education Report;09/02/98, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Houghton Mifflin Co.'s contract with online curriculum providers in Illinois. Creation of Illinois@Education Place; Terms of the contract; Other services awarded contracts by Illinois.
- Houghton Mifflin ships first abridged adult title. Sweeting, P. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/89, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p49
Report on Houghton Mifflin Audio's introduction of abridged readings of adult books.
- Houghton Mifflin to acquire Gollancz. Reuter, M.; Menkes, V. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/1989, Vol. 236 Issue 15, p10
Discusses Houghton Mifflin's plan to acquire Victor Gollancz, one of the few remaining British independent publishers, and the advantages of this acquisition. Distribution; Publishing program; British reaction. INSET: Barnes & Noble buys controlling interest in Bookstop..