Delaware Governor Stresses Surplus Funds Should Be Dedicated to Bonds
- Delaware Officials Start on 2005 Budget. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p4
Reports that the Bond Bill Committee of Delaware will start work on the state's capital budget for fiscal 2005. Rise in revenues from abandoned property; Budget proposal by Governor Ruth Ann Minner; Debt service on outstanding bonds.
- Delaware Governor Releases Trim Budget For 2003, Cuts Back Bond Authorization. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p5
Reports on the announcement made by the Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner on the 2003 budget package featuring scaled-down bond authorization bill. Areas which were effected by the decrease in the bond authorizing bill; Topics that are excluded from the budget proposal; Steps taken by Minner to...
- Delaware Governor: Fiscal Landscape Improving, But Restraint Still Needed. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31806, p29
Reports on the comments of Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner concerning the economy of her state. Estimated gains from added taxes and abandoned property revenue; Criticisms involving her past administration predecessors; Benefits of her final budget and bill proposal.
- Governor's Agenda: Education, Health Care, 'Livable Delaware' McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p32
Reports on the plan of Democratic Governor, Ruth Ann Minner to focus her legislative agenda on new spending for education, health care, and Livable Delaware initiatives. Recommendation by the Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Committee of the approval of a $2.816 billion revenue estimate...
- Delaware Lawmakers Weighing Transportation-Heavy Bond Bill. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31629, p4
Public hearings in the legislature began on May 5, 2003 on Delaware's proposed 392.4 million dollar fiscal 2004 bond bill, which mainly funds the state's Department of Transportation and local school construction projects. The proposed bond bill includes a 7 million dollar transfer from the...
- Corporate Franchise Tax Gives Delaware a $24 Million Bonus. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p29
Reports on the generation of $24 million bonus revenue through introduced corporate franchise tax in Delaware during the fiscal year 2004. Total amount to be collected in the state through the introduced tax; Plans of Ruth Ann Minner, governor of the state, to utilize the additional revenue;...
- Delaware Governor Signs $2.39 Billion Budget for FY2003. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/27/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31417, p29
Reports the signing of the operating budget for the year 2003 by Delaware governor Ruth Ann Minner. Effectivity of the proposed budget; Implementation of the across-the-board budget cuts and a three-month hiring freeze; Details on the total amount of the operating funds.
- Delaware's Governor Announces More Cuts. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p6
Reports on the announcement of additional cuts for the fiscal budget by Governor Ruth Ann Minner in Delaware.
- Delaware's Governor Signs Fiscal 2002 Capital Budget. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p3
Reports that Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner has signed into law the state's 436.2 million capital budget for fiscal 2002. Issuance of 118.2 million of general obligation bonds; Amount of the overall budget and the bond authorization.