- Staying Stable. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p29
Reports on the rating of bonds in West Virginia by rating agency Standard & Poor's. Stability of the state's rating.
- Fitch to Keep Rating Fla., D.C. Loan Bonds. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;8/1/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 147, p20
Fitch Ratings Inc. announced on Thursday that it will continue to rate bonds backed by high-cost mortgages in Florida and the District of Columbia. The rating agency said the predatory lending laws there limit the liability of secondary market investors for any violations by originators.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31620, p2
Presents news items related to the U.S. financial services industry, as of April 23, 2003. Auction of bills possessed by the U.S. Treasury Department; Degradation in general obligation bonds rating of Holliston, Massachusetts; Degradation of Norton Healthcare Inc.'s outstanding debt by Fitch...
- Fitch: Munis Backed by Texas PSF Among 'Most Creditworthy' Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p3
Reports that municipal bonds backed by the triple-A rated Texas Permanent School Fund have been credited as creditworthy by Fitch Ratings Inc. Significance of the fund's financial strength for Texas school districts; Factors that made the bonds creditworthy; Local bond securities for the Texas...
- Moody's Downgrades California's GO Bond Rating One Notch to A3. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/05/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31692, p1
Reports on the degradation of ratings for California's general obligation bonds by rating agency, Moody's Investors Service Inc. Factors responsible for the degradation; Actions need to be taken by California to upgrade the ratings for its bonds; Other financial services degraded by the rating...
- Delaware, Its Triple-A Affirmed, Goes To Market With $120 Million GO Sale. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/06/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31693, p27
Reports on the sale of Delaware's general obligation bonds. Rating of bonds assigned by various rating agencies; Amount of bonds; Factors considered by rating agencies before affirmation of bond rating; Increase in the revenue of state.
- Colonie, N.Y., Debt Cut to A2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32373, p2
The article reports on the rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to the multimillion-dollar in Series 2006 refunding serial bonds in Colonie, New York. It also downgraded the town's outstanding parity debt to A2 with a negative outlook from Aa3. The downgrade reflects an accumulated...
- ILLINOIS: Shedd Revised. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p7
Focuses on the bond ratings of the Shedd Aquarium Society by the financial rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. Bond issues that will be affected by the rating; Bonds on which the society did not seek ratings; Reason for revised ratings according to agency analysts.
- Pulled Deals Unnerve Investors. Freed, Dan; K. L.; K. K. // High Yield Report;10/10/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the factors contributing the pulling of two high yield bond deals for School Specialty Inc. and Pregis Corp. after pricing had investors unnerved in the U.S. Disappointing earnings results of School Specialty that led lenders to back out of high yield financing; Placement on the...