Treasury, IRS Release 3d-Quarter Updates to Tax-Exempt Guidance
- IRS looks at gas bonds. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/25/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30712, p1
Reports that tax-exempt bonds cannot be used for mid-stream prepayments of government obligation bonds according to the United States Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury Department. Prepayments of commodities like natural gas; Long-term supply contract between the issuer and the supplier...
- IRS, Treasury Seeking Suggestions for Guidance Plan. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;3/17/2015, p1
The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service are seeking recommendations for items that should be on its 2015-2016 priority guidance plan.
- Circular 230, QZABs Highlight Priority Guidance Plan. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/10/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32193, p5
Reports on the tax-exempt bond regulations listed on the 2005-2006 Priority Guidance Plan of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Release of the plan by the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service; Expectation of Treasury officials to issue several sets of final regulations on topics such as...
- Audited Health Care Systems Lobby Hard as Judgment Looms. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31162, p1
Reports on lobbyists' increasing pressure to the United States Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service to resolve the pending audits of tax-exempt hospital merger bonds and keep the securities tax-exempt. Lobbying campaign sponsored by hospital systems, lawmakers and bond lawyers;...
- Part IV. Items of General Interest. // Internal Revenue Bulletin;11/4/2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 45, p473
The article focuses on a notice of proposed rule making and public hearing regarding proposed regulations on the arbitrage restrictions under section 148 of the Internal Revenue Code on tax-exempt bonds and other tax-advantaged bonds. Topics discussed are amendments to the Income Tax Regulations...
- IRS Rescinds Portion of Proposal For Cash Balance Plan Conversions. Clark, Margaret M. // HR Magazine;May2003, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p28
Deals with the decision of the U.S. Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service to withdrew portions of proposed regulations to govern conversions of traditional defined benefit pension plans to cash balance plans. Reason behind the decision; Stance of the Society for Human Resource...
- Treasury, IRS Seek Comments on Guidance Priorities. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;5/5/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33108, p6
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to seek public comments on what municipal bond and other regulatory projects should be included on the 2009-2010 guidance priority list.
- Treasury, IRS Put TEFRA and Issue Price on Their Priority List. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;11/21/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33817, p3
The article informs that the U.S. Treasury Department and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service is released its priority guidance plan which includes guidance on arbitrage investment restrictions and issue price.
- Congress stops IRS measure to change tax policy. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/06/98, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p26
Presents information on the decision of the United States Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service to postpone final regulations to implement the IRS Notice 98-11 measure until January 1, 2000. Issuance of the notice in February 1998; Details on the specifics of the measures.