Things and Lost Things: Nancy Cunard's Spanish Civil War Scrapbook
- The Last Great Cause. NELSON, CARY // Massachusetts Review;Summer2014, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p174
An introduction is presented to the essays within the issue on the 1936-1939 Spanish Civil War, including the African American author Langston Hughes' reporting on the war, the British author Nancy Cunard's scrapbook from the War and the book "Meet Me on the Barricades," by Charles Yale Harrison.
- Memory and Cultural History of the Spanish Civil War. Amago, Samuel // Revista de Estudios Hispanicos;mar2015, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p201
No abstract available.
- Daughter of Empire: My Life as a Mountbatten. // World Literature Today;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p65
A review of the book "Daughter of Empire: My Life As a Mountbatten," by Lady Pamela Hicks, is presented.
- LOS NIÃ‘OS DE LA GUERRA: ENTRE LA HISTORIA ORAL, EL CINE Y LA MEMORIA. Marañón, Igor Barrenetxea // Historia Contemporanea;2012, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p741
The 1936 military uprising in Spain changed the life and fate of millions of people and marked the life of many more, who were forced to flee from the fear and uncertainty that came with the conflict. Children were among the most vulnerable of these groups. In 1937 the Basque Government decided...
- Salvador Giner: A consciÃªncia sociolÃ³gica. Garcia, José Luís // Analise Social;2013, Vol. 48 Issue 208, p721
An interview with Spanish sociologist Salvador Giner is presented. Particular focus is given to his choice of sociology as career, his studies of sociology, and his further career as a teacher at Universidad de Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain. Subjects include his childhood during the Spanish...
- Guerra o operazione di polizia? La guerra civile nella storia dei movimenti per la pace. MORO, RENATO // Journal of Constitutional History / Giornale di Storia Costituzi;2013, Issue 26, p97
The article discusses the relationship between civil war and peace movements in the United States and Spain during the 19th and 20th centuries. Topics discussed include the impact of the Spanish Civil War and the American Civil War on the creation of peace movements during this period, the...
- Uncommonly Savage: Civil War and Remembrance in Spain and the United States. Dal Lago, Enrico // Journal of American History;Mar2015, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p1279
No abstract available.
- LETTER FROM PARIS. // New Yorker;4/3/1965, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p146
The article presents an open letter from Paris dated March 24, 1965. It reviews the theatrical play "L'AmÃ©rique," an adaptation by Jean-Louis Barrault of Franz Kafka's unfinished novel "Amerika." Likewise, it reports an obituary for Nancy Cunard, who created "Negro," an anthology for the...
- WALL OF fame. // Town & Country;Aug2014, Vol. 168 Issue 5407, p85
The article presents photographs of several 'It Girls' including Nancy Cunard, Daisy Fellowes, and Brenda Frazier.