Same-Sex Harassment Claim Under Title VII
- MEN AT WORK: Dirty comments constitute sexual harassment. // ABA Journal;Jul88, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p94
Highlights a case that suggest that dirty comments constitute sexual harassment under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 in the United States. Award of back pay, damages for emotional distress and attorney fees; Nature of the predicate acts underlying a sexual harassment claim; Arguments...
- MGM Mirage payment keeps CityCenter going. Stutz, Howard // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/6/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 14, pP15
The article reports that the payment made by MGM Mirage to CityCenter in Las Vegas, Nevada allowed construction work to continue on the complex.
- Gambling on Atlantic City. // Business News New Jersey;01/23/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p3
Reveals plans of Las Vegas, Nevada-based casino MGM-Mirage to construct a casino hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Location site; Size of the property; Proximity to the casino construction of Boyd Gaming.
- Gaming Briefs. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;10/23/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p21
Reports on developments in the gaming industry in Las Vegas, Nevada for the period ended October 23, 2000. Increase in the number of tourists and convention attendance; Financial performance of MGM Mirage for the third quarter of 2000; Reason why American senior citizens go to casinos.
- MGM Mirage offers casinos in Detroit, Biloxi, Miss., for sale. Stutz, Howard // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/13/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 15, pP13
The article reports on the sale by MGM Mirage of the MGM Grand Detroit and the Beau Rivage resorts to help resolve liquidity issues.
- Explicit film prompts lawsuit. Roberts, Patricia C. // Christianity Today;11/14/94, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p64
Reports on the sexual-harassment lawsuit filed by the Rutherford Institute against a teacher of Rio Linda High School in California. Claims made by Rutherford; Film shown by the teacher; Actions taken by the school superintendent.
- More on Retaliation and on the Public-Health Authority of State and Local Governments. Sikora, Vincent A. // Journal of Environmental Health;Sep2001, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p38
Presents cases related to the First Amendment and civil rights of environmental health professionals in the U.S. Retaliation of an environmental health aide due to sexual harassment; Extent of government authority on the disposal of debris from land clearing; Validity of county ordinance on...
- Troubleshooters. Leonard, Norbert; Franklin, Bruce // Corporate Detroit;Dec94, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p34
Reports on sexual harassment and sexual discrimination in the United States. Two types of sexual harassment claims; Civil Rights Act as the first effort to eradicate sexually based bias; Michigan's 1977 passage of a civil rights act; Sexual harassment as a prohibited behavior; Strong written...
- Same-sex harassment by supervisors. Cabot, Stephen J. // Supervisory Management;Sep95, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p8
Reports on a recent ruling by federal courts that an employer can be sued under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act for a supervisor's sexual harassment of an employee of the same sex. Same gender harassment as a form of gender discrimination; Broadening of the spectrum of supervisory conduct...