Pension Plan's Exclusion of Hourly Employees OK
- GOVERNMENT CAN CLOSE DEPORTATION HEARINGS. // Quill;Dec2002, Vol. 90 Issue 9, p31
Reports that the Third U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that the government can close immigration hearings from the media. Information on the decision of the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals on secret deportation hearings.
- Appellate court decides against ESOP trustees. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;9/18/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the US Third Circuit Court of Appeals' ruling on Charles Moench's class action suit filed against the trustees of Statewide Bancorp's employee stock ownership plan (ESOP). Case background; Court's basis for its ruling.
- Mobil's RICO win is upheld. Fisher, Christy // Advertising Age;9/2/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 36, p5
Reports on the ruling of the Third U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia that affirmed a lower court ruling which dismissed a false advertising case against Mobil Corp. Significance of the judgment; Allegations against Mobil.
- COMCAST WINS REVIEW. // Daily Variety;6/26/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 60, p6
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court to review the ruling of the Third Circuit Court of Appeals that upheld the decision of a district court, regarding the ability of customers to sue Comcast through class action suit.
- ADAPT OF PHILADELPHIA V. PHILADELPHIA HOUSING AUTHORITY: THE THIRD CIRCUIT CORRECTLY DETERMINED PREMATURELY APPEALED DISCOVERY ORDERS COULD NOT LATER RIPEN WITH SUBSEQUENT ENTRY OF FINAL JUDGMENT BUT FAILED TO EXAMINE THE VALIDITY OF THE CRITICIZED... Smeltzer, Katrina L. // Creighton Law Review;Jun2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p807
The article examines the decision of the U.S. court of appeals for Third Circuit on the Adapt of Philadelphia v. Philadelphia Housing Authority case, which determined whether the appeals ripened under either Federal Rule of Appellate Procedure 4(a)(2) or the Circuit's Cape May Greene rule when...
- CompTel Asks Court For FCC Wireline Review. // Telecom Policy Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the petition by the Competitive Telecommunications Association with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit for the review of rulings by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Contention of the association; Issues that the court is being asked to review.
- Selected recent court decisions. Williamson, Jennifer; Colby, Jeremy A.; Schoeffel, Amy; Kim, Isidor; Risse, Becky; Gorzkowski, John; Chen, Alison // American Journal of Law & Medicine;1998, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p123
Presents information on various court decisions made in the United States during January to March 1998. Ruling of the United States (US) Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in the case Sullivan versus Barnett; Details on the case Services of America Incorporated versus American Consulting...
- Top of the month. Young, Rowland L. // American Bar Association Journal;Feb80, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p211
Presents a compilation of court cases in the United States, for the month of February 1980. Supreme Court's ruling that the holding of a trial in a prison for an offense committed in the prison is unconstitutional; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit's ruling on the case, Bradshaw v....
- Court halts settlement in asbestos class action. HIGGINS, MICHAEL // ABA Journal;Aug97, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p42
Reports that the US Supreme Court affirmed a ruling by the Third US Circuit Court of Appeals based in Philadelphia that the settlement does not comply with federal rules on class actions. Case of Amchem Products Incorporated v. Windsor; Court's biggest concern; Assurance given by Rule 23.