Cash Balance Makes a Comeback
- DOE Pays Nuclear Workers. // Occupational Hazards;Sep2002, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p20
No abstract available.
- A pension Formula That Pays Off. Grensing-Pophal, Lin // HR Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p58
Discusses the benefit of defined benefit pension for employees. Difficulty for employers in explaining defined benefit plans; Approaches for telling employees about their defined benefit pension; Key points to consider when promoting the plan to employees. INSET: The Challenge of Cash Balance...
- Cash balance rules could outlaw hybrids. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the request of benefit providers for the U.S. Treasury Department regulators in connection with a proposed cash balance regulations as of April 2003. Scope of the regulations; Intent of the proposed rules; Objections to particular aspects of the proposal; Effect of the proposal on...
- Plans fit today's workforce. // Business Insurance;05/10/99, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p8
Makes observations on trends in the employee pension industry in the United States as of May 10, 1999. Conversion to cash balance pension plans by employers; Comments on efforts of critics of cash pension plans to portray plans negatively; Financial protection given to old employees in light of...
- Retirement plans for outside directors face major changes. // Corporate Board;May/Jun96, Vol. 17 Issue 98, p28
Reports on the changing trend in replacing the defined benefit pension plans of outside directors with a corporate stock-based approach, according to the consultants of Tower Perrin. Number of companies surveyed; Two decisions in the conversion of the pension plan.
- Investment manager and client service needs of middle market defined benefit plans. Schreiber, Jeanette // Employee Benefits Journal;Jun97, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p24
Reports on a survey of investment needs of defined benefit plan sponsors. Results of the survey; Investment management; Asset allocation advice.
- To transfer or not to transfer? Ritchie, Stewart // Money Marketing;4/17/2003, p51
Discusses the cash equivalent transfer value basis in the transfer of preserved benefits from a defined benefit scheme. Regarding the preserved entitlement as the safe option and a transfer as the risky option.
- Largest plans' assets increase a slight 2.2%. Philip, Christine // Pensions & Investments;1/23/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the modest increase of assets of the 1,000 largest employee benefit plans in the United States for the year ending September 30, 1994. Relatively flat and negative returns in domestic and overseas markets; Comparison of growth between defined contribution plans and defined benefit plans.
- Employees at nonprofits need to save more. Harrison, Cherith A. // HR Magazine;Feb1997, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p57
Reports that nonprofit organizations falling under ...501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code have been entitled to establish defined contribution pension plans under ...403(b). Administrative issue that have undermined the effectiveness of 403(b) plans; Major problem plaguing workers covered by...