Getting at the Real Numbers
- Falling farther behind recovery. Allen, Freddie // Charlotte Post;8/23/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p1A
The article reports on the 8.3 percent increase in the unemployment rate in June 2012, with the jobless rate for blacks and whites being at 14.1 and 7.4 percent, respectively, even as 163,000 workers gained jobs in the same period.
- International Comparisons. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep2004, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p69
The article presents a comparison of labor statistics for the U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan and European countries. The foreign country data are adjusted as closely as possible to U.S. concepts, with the exception of lower age limits and the treatment of layoffs. These adjustments include, but...
- UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE DATA. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb79, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p91
Presents the U.S. labor statistics on unemployment insurance as of February 1979. Employment service operations; Unemployment compensation for former servicemen; Railroad unemployment insurance.
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar73, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p94
Contains charts reflecting various labor-related statistics for March 1973 in the U.S. Indexes of output per man-hour, hourly compensation, and unit labor costs; Unemployment rates, adjusted by age and sex; Wholesale price index of by group and subgroup of commodities; Wholesale price index by...
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov80, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p61
Presents tables reflecting the labor statistics in the U.S., current as of November 1980. Seasonally adjusted, selected nonemployment indicators; Employment by state; Employment by industry, 1950-1979; Unemployment insurance and employment service operations.
- HOUSEHOLD DATA HISTORICAL. // Employment & Earnings;Mar2003, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p9
Presents labor statistics in the United States, as of February 2003. Employment, hours and earnings of production or nonsupervisory workers on nonfarm payrolls; Unemployment rate; Employment status of the civilian non-institutional population 16 years and over.
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep87, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p77
Presents the labor statistics in the U.S. as of September 1987. Labor market indicators; Unemployment rates of civilian workers; Labor compensation and collective bargaining data; Consumer and wholesale price indexes.
- UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE DATA. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb81, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p103
Presents unemployment insurance data, compiled by the Employment and Training Administration of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics as of 1981. Count of insured unemployment under State programs; Employment service operations.
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul74, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p86
Features labor statistics in the U.S., current as of July 1974. Employment status of noninstitutional populations; Unemployment insurance and employment service operations; Consumer and wholesale price indexes; Work stoppages from 1946 to date.