Ambac, Radian Post Increases in First Quarter Earnings
- Ambac Reports 4Q Net Income Down 45%; Radian Says Its Was Up 12%. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31559, p28
Compares the net income of financial companies Ambac Financial Group Inc. and Radian Group Inc. for the fourth quarter of 2002 with that of 2001. Reasons behind a decline in the net income of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in 2002; Financial performance of the two companies in 2001-2002; Stock...
- Insurers. // American Banker;3/20/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 55, p9
The article sums up events during the past week (March 13-20, 2008) in the insurance business, reporting that bond insurers Ambac Financial Group Inc. will keep its triple-A rating and FGIC Corp. lost $1.89 billion in the fourth quarter. Radian Group Inc. wrote down debt and Triad Guaranty Inc....
- Ambac's Net Income Up in 4Q, While Radian's Slipped by Half. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;1/29/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31810, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Ambac Financial Group Inc. and Radian Group Inc. in the U.S. Net income in the final quarter of bond insurer Ambac Assurance Corp.; Decrease in the amount of the adjusted gross premium; Charge imposed per share for the closing subsidiary RadianExpress.com...
- Radian Reports 17.5% Net Income Jump in Second Quarter. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p28
Reports growth of the net profit of insurance firm Radian Group Inc. based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Percentage of the increase; Performance of the firm in the financial guarantee sector; Role of the core mortgage operations in the improvement of the income of the firm.
- Ambac's Second Quarter Net Income Up 30% From 1999. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p7
Focuses on the net income growth posted by Ambac Financial Group Inc., the parent of bond insurer Ambac Assurance Group. for the second quarter of 2000. Total revenues; Adjusted gross premiums; Total bond insurance penetration for insured long-term municipal bonds.
- Bond Insurers: Ambac Reports 'Exceptional' 4th Quarter, Up 20% From 2000. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p28
Reports on the net income earned by Ambac Financial Group Inc. during the fourth quarter of 2001. Factors attributed to the income earned by the company; Comparisons of the net incomes earned by the company during 2000-02; Rise in net premiums of the company.
- Ambac announces rise in 1st-quarter income. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;05/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30633, p25
Reports on the financial performance of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the first quarter of fiscal 1999. Net income; Earnings per share.
- Ambac Financial posts earnings increase. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p3
Announces an increase in Ambac Financial Group's second quarter core earnings for 1998. Income per share; Outlook for Ambac's structured and international deals; Gross premiums written by Ambac during the period.
- Ambac third-quarter net income rises 22%. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30760, p25
Reports on the 22 percent net income increase at Ambac Financial Group Inc. during the third quarter of 1999 over that of 1998. Adjusted gross municipal premiums written; Decline in total municipal volume offset by increase in market share for the quarter; Increase in municipal pricing;...