SEC's Donaldson Has Many Investments, Few Tax-Exempt Bonds
- Donaldson's Goals: More Agency Efficiency, Corporate Ethics. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p5
Reports on U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission chairman William H. Donaldson's priorities for the agency. Donaldson's internal and external goals for the agency; Analogy of military's strategy to illustrate the agency's ideal strategy; Need to properly utilize increased funding from the...
- William Donaldson Is New SEC Chair. Barlas, Stephen; Chamberlain, Jim; Randall, Bob; Verschoor, Curt; Williams, Kathy // Strategic Finance;Mar2003, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p17
The article announces that William Donaldson was appointed as chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Senate on Verge of Approving Donaldson as SEC Chair. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p4
Reports that the U.S. Senate is on the verge of confirming President George W. Bush's nominee, William H. Donaldson as Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman as of February 2003. Profile of Donaldson; Person whom Donaldson would replace; Introduction of a bill legislators that would...
- Senate Panel Backs Donaldson for SEC . Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;2/12/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p3
Reports that the U.S. Senate Banking Committee has approved the nomination of William Donaldson for the chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Expectations of Senators from Donaldson; Achievements of Donaldson.
- Donaldson Names to Head SEC. // Practical Accountant;Feb2003, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the nomination of William H. Donaldson to be commissioner of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Position held in Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette; Career experiences; Educational background.
- A Makeover for the SEC. Weinstock, Matthew // Government Executive;Sep2003, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p16
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission formed an Office of Risk Assessment in July 2003 charged with identifying emerging issues and helping senior managers reallocate resources as necessary. Division directors also will be held more accountable for their performance. The directors will...
- Glowing Words for Donaldson, Bush's Pick to Head SEC. Davenport, Todd // American Banker;12/11/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 236, p4
Focuses on U.S. President George W. Bush's reception for William Donaldson who was selected by the president to lead the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Work experience of Donaldson; Credentials of Donaldson; Support of American Bankers Association's president and chief executive...
- Panel to Hold Chairman Nominee Hearing Next Week. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p5
Reports on an announcement by the U.S. Senate Banking Committee chairman Richard Shelby to hold a hearing to consider the nomination of William H. Donaldson as the chairman of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Donaldson's professional experience; Donaldson's tenure in SEC.
- Donaldson Set to Be Sworn in as SEC Chief. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p6
Reports that William H. Donaldson is expected to be sworn in as the 27th chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in the week following February 18, 2003. Career background of Donaldson.