N. Y. MTA Accelerates $500M Deal
- N.Y. MTA Enjoying Recent Bond Upgrades. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p5
Reports that Standard & Poor has upgraded the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority's tax fund bonds. Increase in ratings of the bonds; Affect of bonds upgradation on price of the bonds; Possible plans of selling Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority refunding bonds.
- N.Y. MTA Nears End Of Giant Refinancing. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p3
Reports on the plan of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority to complete its multi-billion refinancing late in November 2002 after selling its refunding bonds.
- N.Y. MTA to Sell Up to $650 Million in Three Deals by Year's End. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32227, p3
No abstract available.
- Houston council to vote on eliminating MTA transfers. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p3
Reports that the Houston City Council will vote on a complete phase-out of its annual $50 million transfer from the Metropolitan Transit Authority. Payment for the improvement to the streets of Houston, Texas; Sustainability of the funding.
- Utah Transit Mulling $895M GO Election for Light-Rail Lines. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p48
The article reports on the plan of the Utah Transit Authority to place an $895 million general obligation bond proposal on the November 2005 ballot to speed up construction of four light-rail lines. The Salt Lake County Council has said it expects to approve the authority's request for the...
- Arizona's New Governor Backs Bonds to Bridge Budget Gap. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p1
Reports on a proposal for the sale of multimillion dollars worth of revenue bonds by the Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano in the first budget plan of her administration. Purpose of the sale; Design of Napolitano's plan; Need for the governor to seek legislative approval for revenue bonds.
- West Virginia's $3.9B Pension Deal on Hold. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p4
Reports on the backing out of West Virginia Governor Bob Wise's administration from its proposal of issuance of nearly four billion dollars in taxable bonds. Permissions to be granted under the bond sale proposal; Objections raised by the legislators to the bill permitting the sale; Resolution...
- Historic Hawaii CCRC Sale Scores Despite Tobacco Competition. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p32
Reports on the success of Continuing Care Retirement Center's (CCRC) sale of revenue bonds on January 15, 2003 despite a competition posed by Bear, Stearns and Co.'s tobacco bond sale. Yield offered by CCRC deal; Issuer of the first leg of the sale; Term bonds in fixed rated portion of Series A...
- Low Rates Spark $165M San Francisco Airport Refunding. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p34
Reports on the sale of 165 million dollars worth of revenue refunding bonds in a competitive deal by California's San Francisco Airport Commission. Bonds being refunded by the commission; Financial advisors for the deal; Hopes of the commission from the deal.