- Even by 2005, education on AIDS will be limited. Yeo, Sonia Eun Joo // UN Chronicle;1999, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p10
States that governments should ensure by 2005 that young men and women have access to information, education and services to develop the life skills required to reduce vulnerability to HIV infection. Problem of childhood AIDS in Namibia; Efforts of Brazil to provide free access to...
- Conference: The implications of AIDS for mothers and children. // Women's International Network News;Winter90, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p14
Presents excerpts of speeches, delivered at the November 27-30, 1989, Conference of United Nations World Health Organization in Paris, France, dealing on the implications of AIDS for mothers and children. Suggestions to prevent HIV infections.
- Reducing HIV/AIDS risk, impact and vulnerability. Tarantola, D. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2000, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p236
No abstract available.
- Global AIDS conference finds the issue is cash. Cullinan, Kerry // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2002, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p761
Reports on the proceedings of the 14th International AIDS Conference held in Barcelona, Spain, on July 7-12, 2002. Denouncement of the polarization between HIV prevention and HIV treatment campaigns; Widespread consensus that antiretroviral drugs should be introduced into poor countries;...
- A problem shared. Short, Clare // New Statesman;11/28/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4362, p24
Discusses the need for social solidarity as well as scientific advance to tackle HIV/AIDS. Estimated number of AIDS sufferers; Prohibitive cost of drug therapies; Need to make condoms available and affordable; Needed improvement of sex education.
- NEVIRAPINE AND PERINATAL TRANSMISSION. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p226
Discusses a study in Uganda conducted by the Johns Hopkins University, which suggests that nevirapine may reduce mother-to-child transmission of HIV. Cost effectiveness of the treatment.
- Ending the AIDS pandemic. Booth, I. Macallister // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/15/94, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p342
Presents speech by the Chairman of Polaroid Corporation given before the 1993 Business and Labor Conference on AIDS, dealing with the issue of containment of the spread of AIDS. Impact of the disease on the American economy; Potential for economic devastation in developing countries; Provision...
- Mayors announce HIV/AIDS prevention grant program. // Nation's Health;Mar96, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p9
Reports that the US Conference for Mayors, in cooperation with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has issued a call for proposals for its HIV/AIDS Prevention Grants Program. Program description; Contact information.
- Prevention vs. Treatment and the Future of HIV Medical Care. Laurence, Jeffrey // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Aug2002, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p353
Editorial. Focuses on the prevention and treatment of HIV infection and AIDS. Complexity of treatments for the opportunistic infections and malignancies that accompany advanced HIV disease; Financial problems confronting generalists in private clinical practices dealing with large numbers of...