- House, Senate Appropriators Give Mixed Reviews to DOT's FY2015 Budget Proposal. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/24/2014, Vol. 273 Issue 12, p4
The article discusses the criticisms made by some members of the appropriations committees of the U.S. House and the Senate on the Department of Transportation's fiscal year 2015 budget proposal which include the transportation trust fund and the increase on the airport passenger facility fees.
- Road weary. Natter, Ari // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/13/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p27
The article discusses the Highway Trust Fund deficit in the U.S. It is noted in the article, that the deficit will affect carriers and shippers if substantial budgets cuts are made and states cannot meet transportation demands. The deficit is a reaction to increased prices of gasoline and a drop...
- MISD trustees approve budget, tax rate. Hanningan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);8/29/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 35, p1A
The article reports that the Malakoff Independent School District's (MISD) Board of Trustees authorized the $15.254 million budget for school year 2008-2009 funded by a $1.16 per $100 valuation tax rate.
- Tupper village trustees plan to pass budget Tuesday. Collier, Jessica // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/1/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 103, pA1
The article reports on the plan of the Village trustees to vote and pass their 2010-2011 budget, where the amount of the budget to be raised from taxes in up to 3% or 1,629,315.50, at a special meeting in Tupper Lake, New York.
- The plea for permanent transportation funding. Aichele // Business News New Jersey;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p10
Reports on the search of funding sources for the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund. Results of the state Legislature's efforts to renew its funding until year 2003; Importance of the trust fund to the state's transportation system and infrastructure.
- Paying twice. Boyce, Clayto // Traffic World;05/04/98, Vol. 254 Issue 5, p5
Editorial. Presents information on transportation in the United States while focusing on the debate pertaining to the highway trust fund. Information on the trust fund; Reasons for the debate; Reauthorization of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act; Examination of the House and...
- Maryland Transportation Authority Halts Sale. Dutton, Audrey; Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;9/11/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32959, p1
The article reports on the delay of $425 million grant anticipation revenue deal by the Maryland Transportation Authority following the announcement of the federal government that the federal highway trust fund is nearly depleted. The U.S. Department of Transportation declared that if $8 billion...
- CBO ASSESSES TRANSPORTATION BONDING PROPOSALS. // Concrete Products;Sep2003, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p48
Focuses on the report issued by the Congressional Budget Office analyzing hypothetical proposals to fund transportation in the U.S. Assertion that tax-credit bonds would be less liquid than Treasury bonds; Assumption that the fuel tax deposited in the Mass Transit Account of the Highway Trust...
- Delaware Exploring Privatization of Toll Roads to Plug Budget Gap. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/24/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32203, p40
Reports that Delaware is considering privatization of toll roads to help stem a budget deficit in the state Department of Transportation's trust fund. Contribution of gas and steel price increases to the budget shortfall; Additional revenue needed by the department for the next decade to match...