D.C. Hospital Investors to Receive 83.5% of Asset Sale
- Overcrowded Jail Market Puts Counties at Risk, Experts Say. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p30
Reports that an increasing trend of private jail construction designed to encourage economic development in Southwest region in the U.S. poses a risk for bondholders and counties in the region. Intentions behind building major jails in minor counties; Problems associated with jails built 35...
- UH-OH Here Come the Bondholders. Johnson, Mark // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p18
Provides information bondholders and bond purchasing in Europe. Condition of the bond market in the region; Discussion on how bond investors value their companies; Comparison with the bond market status of the U.S. INSETS: TO KNOW YOU IS TO LOVE YOU;DOs & DON'Ts;WE'RE IN CHARGE NOW;HOW BOND...
- Bondholders and Stockholders. McDaniel, Morey W. // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter88, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p205
Fueled by enormous quantities of debt, the restructuring of corporate America shows no signs of running out of steam. It is a wrenching phenomenon. But we are witnessing far more than a reallocation of resources to their highest valued use. We also are witnessing a massive transfer of wealth...
- THE BOND BUYER: TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;6/1/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33325, p45
The article lists the top 10 electronic-mailed (e-mailed) stories related to bonds in the U.S. as of May 28, 2010 including the U.S. Internal Revenue Service withholding direct-payment subsidies for Build America Bonds (BAB) issued by Austin, Texas, the liquidity issue faced by floating-rate...
- Bondholders May Get Stuffed for Failed Indiana Hospital. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/3/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33476, p7
The article reports on the 3 million dollars that would be received by bondholders, who owed more than 50 million dollars by Madison Center Inc. an Indiana hospital in receivership, under a proposed sale of the facility's assets.
- For bond trustees, how much caution is too much? McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p6
Discusses the cautiousness of bondholders in the United States. Prevention of bondholders from getting what they are entitled; Losses of bond trustees; Laws on bankruptcy and reserve funds.
- Palmdale, Calif., to reimburse portion of defaulted bonds. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;02/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30583, p32
States that bondholders for Palmdale, California's Assessment District 1988-1 fund will be get paid for their investment after the failure of the district's bonds. Factors contributing to the failure of the bond; Amount to be received by investors.
- Issuers wary of extending rights for bondholders in Hatch's IRS appeal bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30383, p1
Reports on the emergence of questions regarding the bond issuer provision in the US Senate's Internal Revenue Service restructuring bill. Creation of appeal rights for bondholders; Effect of additional bondholders' appeal rights on increased borrowing costs; Importance of clarifying limitation...
- Californians must decide whether to sell defaulted debt. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;07/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30181, p1
Reports on the decision Californians who own $44 million of the Mello-Roos and assessment bonds, sold by the Lake Elsinor Public Financing Authority, must make on July 7, 1997. Loss in par value should they decide to tender the bond; Possibility that the bonds would turn out to be useless;...