Financial planning for professionals
- Estate planning check list: from assets to legal paperwork. Marable, Don S. // Fort Worth Business Press;7/11/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p25
Discusses factors to consider in estate planning. Creation of an estate planning team; Exploration of ways to reduce estate taxes; Appointment of a qualified individual or professional to manage estate.
- Sorry, but 90% of all Estate Plans Enrich the IRS, Instead of Your Family. Blackman, Irving L. // Products Finishing;Apr2007, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p64
The author reflects on the significance of estate plans among the professionals' tax. It could be noted that the master plan should include a lifetime plan to transfer wealth while still alive, retirement plan, and transfer/succession plan for business. These plans should be present in doing the...
- The uneven rewards of professional labor: Wealth and income in the Chicago professions, 1870-1920. Goebel, Thomas // Journal of Social History;Summer96, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p749
Evaluates the inequality of wealth and income among professional employees in the Chicago, Illinois area between 1870 to 1920. Extent of inter and intraoccupational inequality and stratification; Income comparison of elite and practitioners; Concept of occupational stratification.
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/04/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p33
Discusses frequently-asked questions about estate planning. Importance of estate planning; Difference between a will and a revocable living trust; Durable power of attorney.
- Passing on the Business. Kronemyer, Bob // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p22
Offers tips for company executives on estate planning in Indiana. Advice for executives with closely held businesses; Use of actuarial tables in deciding whether a private annuity has an estate/gift tax benefit; Qualified personal residence trust; Irrevocable life insurance trust.
- INTRODUCTION. Baker, Sandy // Complete Guide to Planning Your Estate: A Step-by-Step Plan to P;2007, p15
An introduction to the book "The Complete Guide to Planning Your Estate: A Step-by-Step Plan to Protect Your Assets, Limit Your Taxes & Ensure Your Wishes Are Fulfilled" is presented which explores the means to plan one's estate legally, importance of having an estate plan, and steps of the...
- Appendix B. // Complete Guide to Planning Your Estate In Michigan;2009, p287
An estate planning quiz is presented.
- Put The Emphasis On Keeping Things Simple. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/1/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 26, p5
Discusses the importance of emphasizing how to get clients to better understand the story of their life in building their estate and the danger in spending minimal time in managing its distribution. Philosophies that should be implemented when meeting with a client; Reason for the need of not...
- Everyone Needs an Estate Plan. Harlburt, Martin // Advisor Today;Apr2002, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p28
Highlights the importance of estate planning to maintain the insurance, savings and investments of a financial advisor's client. Some key questions to consider in estate plans; Importance of a estate plan for successful business owners; Kinds of estate plan.