- 2001 Tax Season Preview. McClure, Dave // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p33
Presents the advantages of using online organizers for taxpayers in the United States. Use of toolkit to customize clients' Tax Notebooks; Accessibility of Tax Notebook from a link on the firm's Web site; Reduction of shipping and mailing costs. INSETS: Top Errors for Paid Preparers.;Spike in...
- Virginia's tax system is pretty fair. // Disclosures;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
The article presents an analysis of a survey by WalletHub website that assessed what Americans think a fair state and local tax system looks like, and then ranked states based on how their tax systems matched perception.
- TAX & FINANCIAL PLANNING NEWS. // Accounting Technology;Oct2002, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p14
Reports several tax and financial planning developments in the U.S. as of October 2002. Availability of the PayCycle online payroll system for Microsoft Money computer program; Acquisition of the Eplan estate planning software package by Brentmark Software; Introduction of the DeskTop Assistant...
- "Computer program" definition clarified. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;5/15/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the amendment made to the definition of the term computer program in California. Its revised statutory definition now includes subdivisions like routines and other programming building blocks as defined under Section 6010.9(c) of the Revenue and Taxation Code. A further...
- Accounting Suites Development Costs. // Practical Accountant;Nov2000, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p14
Reports that software developers in the United States can claim research credit for costs of developing tax preparation and accounting suites for sale to accountants.
- Tax software to ease the pain of paying Uncle Sam. Wiener, Leonard // U.S. News & World Report;02/21/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on several computer software programs designed to help people in the United States do their own taxes more easily. Microsoft's TaxSaver; Quicken's TurboTax; Kiplinger's TaxCut; Issues that the software does not solve. INSET: Cash or charge?.
- The IRS wants you--to file online. Smith, Stephanie D. // Money;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p101
In 2002, 46.7 million U.S. tax returns were filed electronically, but that's still well shy of the Internal Revenue Services' goal of having 80% of returns paperless by 2007. So the agency has partnered with several tax software publishers and preparers, including H&R Block and Intuit, which...
- Website of the Month: Uncle Fed's Tax Board. Anders, Susan B. // CPA Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p72
The article reviews the web site, www.unclefed.com, from Uncle Fed's Tax Board.
- Follow the forms. Stone, Brad; Gajilan, Arlyn Tobias // Newsweek;2/23/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 8, p10
Identifies the location of a Web site that provides United States taxpayer forms. Usage tips; Contact point.