Practice development news
- Resellers: Let's get together. Nacinovich, Mark // Accounting Technology;Sep98, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the merger and acquisitions of value-added resellers in the United States. Information on the `VAR Report' by FAC Equities of Boston; Details on the five acquisitions of TexSys RD; Information on the merger of On-Track Consulting Group and Xecutec Business Systems; Terms of the...
- Practice development news. // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p8
Reports on development pertaining to high technology industries servicing accounting firms in the United States as of January 2000. Includes possible changing of TexSys RD's name; Elite Information Systems' creation of Elite.com; Galaxy Group's launch of its Web-portal Communi-Gate.
- Acquisition update. // Practical Accountant;Jan2000, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p8
Updates on several acquisitions in the United States accounting profession. Knight Vale & Gregory; Katz & Associates; TexSys RD Corp.
- Mergers, profit-sharing and maister. Ferrers, Tony // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p90
Comments on the impact of the merger of two major professional accounting firms in Australia. Suggestions on how to share profits for partners affected by merger proceedings; Recognition of problems for rebuilding merged accounting teams.
- Growth Options for Small Practices. Weinstein, Steven // CPA Journal;Sep99, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p64
Looks at several growth options for small accounting practices in the United States. Acquisition of a retirement-minded seller; Upward merger; Succession planning through mergers and acquisitions.
- The State of Consolidation of Accounting Firms. Krotman, Max; Sinkin, Joel // CPA Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p30
Presents information on the status of consolidation and merger activities of accounting companies in the United States. Financial condition of firms that underwent merger deals; Factors that caused the slowdown in consolidation movement; Changes in the accounting industry.
- The Consolidation Dilemma. Shamis, Gary // Outlook;Summer99, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p10
Discusses the challenges facing certified public accounting firms from the consolidated operation trend. Advantages of consolidated organizations; Advice from August Aquila, vice president for mergers and acquisitions with American Express Tax and Business Services; Rules that must be followed...
- Transition Tales and Cold Feet. Hendrix, Teresa Mariani // Outlook;Summer99, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the relationship between two accounting firms after consolidating operations. Key to resolving post-consolidation conflict between accounting firm Young, Craig and Co. and its owner, American Express Tax and Business Services; Factor for a successful post-consolidation relationship;...
- More Public Accounting Firm Mergers: What Will the Impact Be? Payne, Jeff L.; Stocks, Morris H. // Ohio CPA Journal;Oct-Dec98, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p31
Examines the mergers of accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Concern over antitrust considerations; Complexion of the public accounting industry; How the audit market has changed.