Bringing the Iron Rain
- A-10. Kelsey, Nate // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 58 Issue 1/2, p9
Evaluates the safety record of A/OA-10 fighter jet of the United States Air Force.
- A-10 Thunderbolt. Stone, Lynn // A10 Thunderbolt II;2005, preceding p1
The article presents information about the A-10 Thunderbolt II, a unique jet aircraft better known as the Warthog. It is the first U.S. Air Force airplane designed for close combat support of ground forces, day or night. A-10s are often sent into combat zones against targets that friendly ground...
- USAF Class A Flight Mishaps. // Flying Safety;Jun2003, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p30
Presents information on Class A flight mishaps in the U.S. Air Force as of June 2003. Comparison of class mishaps, fatalities and destroyed aircrafts between October 2001 to June 2002 and October 2002 to June 2003; Fatality caused by a midair collision of two A-10 military aircrafts on December...
- A-10. Behnke, Joerg // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 62 Issue 1/2, p10
Reports on accidents involving A-10 planes of the U.S. Air Force during year 2005. Features of engine-related A-10 Class B accidents; Ways to reduce injuries for A-10 maintainers in Class C; Advice for pilots on accident prevention.
- A-10. Beaumont, Jean-Guy // Flying Safety;Feb/Mar96, Vol. 52 Issue 2/3, p19
Provides condensed event descriptions and lessons learned from such events affecting the safety performance of the US Air Force's A-10 aircraft. 1995 safety records of A-10; Mishap rate; Corrective actions; Risk management concerns; Summary of the Class A mishaps and pilot fatalities in 1996.
- Fratricide. Beaumont, Jean-Guy // Flying Safety;Feb/Mar96, Vol. 52 Issue 2/3, p26
Provides guidelines on how to minimize the chances that the US Air Force's A-10 weapon system will inflict fratricide casualties. Lessons from the Persian Gulf friendly fire incidents; Key findings and some recommendations from the accident investigation board (AIB); Measures to consider...
- A-10. Beaumont, Jean-Guy // Flying Safety;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 52/53 Issue 12/1, p17
Reports about the mishaps record for the United States Air Force A-10 aircraft. Summary of A-10 aircraft safety performance for fiscal year 1996; Two mishaps classified as Class A for the A-10 aircraft; Areas of potential risk for the A-10 aircraft; Indicators for possible Class A mishaps for 1997.
- Hawg Wild. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2005, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p4
Presents a photograph depicting an A-10 military plane of the U.S. Air Force that prepares to exit the firing range in Yakima, Washington.
- A-10. Baumgart, Michael // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the performance of the A-10 jet attack planes of the U.S. Air Force in fiscal year 2004. Rate of Class A mishaps; Results of the A-10 Class A mishaps in 2004; Information on the Class B mishaps experienced by the A-10.