Civil Reserve Air Fleet State I activates for only second time in history
- Major active-duty air force bases. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p36
Identifies the major active-duty Air Force bases (AFB) across the United States. Includes McChord AFB in Washington; Hill AFB in Utah; Arnold AFB in Tennessee; Whiteman AFB in Missouri; Barksdale AFB in Louisiana.
- Major Air Force bases overseas. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p38
Identifies the location of the major United States Air Force bases (AFB) overseas. Includes the Howard AFB in Panama; Incirlik Air Base (AB) in Turkey; Kadena AB in Japan; Andersen AFB in Guam.
- The `Blast' in Belgrade. Barela, Tim // Airman;Sep99, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on the 31st Air Expedition Wing of the United States Air Force and on its munition storage area at Aviano Air Base, Italy. Involvement on the 78 days of intense bombing from March 24 to June 9, 1999 against Yugoslavia; Challenges they faced during the bombings; Types of bombs built by...
- Paradise on the Plains. McKenna, Paul // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p26
Describes the experiences of United States Air Force airmen at the Grand Forks Air Base in North Dakota. Remarks from airman Jason McKim; Opinion on the values of the people in the local communities; Suggestion from Master Sergeant Ron Rodriguez to the airmen's spouses.
- Gheding into Italy. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Jul2002, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p32
Describes the Aviano Air Base of the U.S. Air Force in Aviano, Italy, which is surrounded by the Ghedi farmland. Things Senior Airman Roxanne McKinney loves about the place; Features of the place; Recreational facilities accessible to families of military men residing near the air base.
- Back to Bagram. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p48
Reports on the improvements in the living conditions of airmen at America's Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan. Provision of enough beds for soldiers to sleep on; Supply of good food for airmen on duty; Creation of bath and toilets to replace the porta-potties.
- The Road Runners. Cournoyer, Tammy // Airman;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p44
Features the Air Force Survival School at Fairchild Air Force Base in Washington D.C. Total area of the gravel roads maintained by the U.S. Air Force; Job responsibility of the Road Runners; Facilities of the base.
- Mayor seeks to hasten DM runway project. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;06/02/97, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1
Reports on Tucson, Arizona mayor George Miller's petition to the U.S. Air Force to accelerate the funding process for the Davis-Monthan Air Force Base runway extension project. Funding from the Pima County Association of Governments; Synchronization with local initiatives; Confirmation of Air...
- The Final Scene: Howard AFB, Republic of Panama. Brownhill, Curtis L. // Air Power History;Summer2001, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the official transfer of the United States Air Force's Howard Air Force Base, Republic of Panama to the government of Panama in accordance with Carter-Torrijos Panama Canal and Neutrality Treaties of 1977. Moment of international importance and tribute to the region and two nations;...