- Significant 1999 California Tax Law Changes. Micheli, Chris // Journal of State Taxation;Spring2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p82
Summarizes California tax law changes made in 1999. Tax relief provisions in the state budget; Revenue impact of state budget tax relief package; Federal conformity legislation.
- 'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman. Szymenska, Anna // Warsaw Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p11
Focuses the implementation of the Polish tax bill and ways to budget in Poland. Conditions for the exemption of the Polish tax law; Emphasis on the taxable capital gains; Polish tax in foreign dividend income.
- City's budget hearing is an opportunity to voice value judgments. West, Carol // Inside Tucson Business;5/4/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p21
In this article the author discusses the implication of public hearings on a proposed city budget for 2009 in Tucson, Arizona. He asserts that the public hearings would give opportunities for citizens to express their value-judgments. He says that it is believed by people that the rental tax...
- Status quo triumphs again. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p3A
Focuses on the failure of legislators to solve the budget crisis and restructure taxes in Indiana. Reaction of the business community; Debate concerning the budget deficit; Solutions proposed by politicians.
- Brown learns the joy of spending. Harding, David // Public Finance;11/14/2000, p15
Focuses on the Pre-Budget Reports of Gordon Brown, Labor Chancellor of Great Britain. Preference for tax cuts and spending; Additional amount to be received by pensioners, motorists and haulers; Budget for regeneration and repairs.
- Watch out for hidden tax increases. Stutts, Clint // Malakoff News (TX);2/ 4/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p2A
The article offers the author's insights regarding the potential indication of various schemes that could increase the amount of tax paid for an activity without increasing the tax rates, following the challenge of budget deficits faced by the lawmakers in Texas.
- Suffolk County Legislature got it right. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/14/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 51, p47A
Comments on several issues related to legislature passed in Suffolk County, New York concerning taxation. Economic problems faced by Suffolk County related to budget deficits; Problems faced by legislators to employ the tax increase in the county.
- Turkey. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/10/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 49, p19
Reports on Turkey's introduction of a tax law to help finance work to repair damage caused by the earthquakes that hit the country in the year 1999. Provisions of the tax law; Tax law's reinforcement of the credibility of the government's proposed year 2000 budget.
- Costello will safeguard small investors' franking credits. Laurence, Michael // BRW;07/28/97, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p130
Reports on how the Australian Treasury and the tax office are recommending that the Treasurer Peter Costello, change the budget proposal to protect the imputation credit of small shareholders. How the Australian Federal Government wants to strike at the practice of Australian investors...