- History-Rich Hartford, Con., Shoots for Successful 'Landing'. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p1
Focuses on the Hartford revitalization project related to economic development in Connecticut. Background of the project; Source of inspiration for the project; Cost of the project.
- National infrastructure for national development. Endersbee, Lance // Australia & World Affairs;Summer98, Issue 35, p5
Focuses on economic development projects in Australia. Proposed fast freight system to service the growing trade between eastern Australia and the dynamic economies in East and South East Asia and the Middle East; Development of `just-in-time' deliveries; Role of government in creating the...
- Development projects should prosper in `95. Brown, Ellen // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/19/94, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p13
Reports on the prospects of business and community leaders of Akron, Ohio for 1995. Development projects; Charles Booth, executive director of Akron Tomorrow; Amtrak station; Renovation activities.
- Way to go. // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/10/95, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p10
Opinion. Focuses on the city government's efforts to develop Cleveland, Ohio. Persuasion of leaders to provide capital for the construction of buildings and residences; Need for more public-private partnerships to improve urban areas in the country.
- Industrial retention program lives on, as do skeptics. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p4
Reports the continuation of the Cleveland Industrial Retention Initiative, a program design to retain and recruit existing manufacturing jobs in Cleveland, Ohio. Amount of the funding granted by the city council for the program; Benefits of the program; Initiatives to expand the presence of the...
- Group's plan: Fill up on fiber. Stacklin, Jeff // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p1
Details the Greater Cleveland Digital Project which is part of the telecommunication enhancement initiative in Cleveland, Ohio. Disclosure on the budget; Objectives; Citations of the agencies and companies involve in the project.
- Canal the path to revival. Wolf, Carol // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/20/94, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p17
Comments on the economic developments of the Ohio & Erie Canal. Historical perspective; Business expansion plans by architects and developers; Includes place descriptions.
- Bustling Naperville frets about growth. Durgin, Hillary // Crain's Chicago Business;2/28/94, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the economic development plans of Naperville, Illinois. Establishment of an economic development corporation; Effects of Chicken Inc.'s decision to relocate from Naperville; Efforts to attract large companies.
- A resource for the best-laid plans. Tagaza, Emilia // Ecos;Autumn95, Issue 83, p21
Presents information on the future development of Australia's coastal lands and waters. Information on the CSIRO team; What the CSIRO's CAMRIS project is all about; Information on the scale of the resource and environmental management; What the different coastal regions vary from; Selection of...
- Economic development saw ups, downs, in `97. Orr, Jim // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/05/98, Issue 322247, p1
Focuses on economic development projects launched in Fresno, California in 1997. Gap Inc.'s plan to open a distribution warehouse in Fresno; Proposals for a stadium; Plans for an exhibit hall; Plans for 1998.