Bond Insurers: Equities May Be Weak, But Don't Tell That to Ambac and MBIA
- Watching the bulls roar by. Bowers, Barbara // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Nov98, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p61
Assesses stocks investments among insurance companies in the United States. Diversity of capital requirements regarding investments; Distinction between probable temporary gain and permanent gain; Investment strategies employed by insurers; Restrictions in stocks investments among insurers;...
- Slow opening. Robson, Victoria // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/28/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 39, p25
The article reports that Capital Market Authority (CMA) has announced in September 2007 that investors in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) member countries could buy shares in listed banking and insurance stocks. The move lifts one of the last major prohibitions for GCC investors, who have...
- BI insurance index. // Business Insurance;10/26/98, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p75
Presents insurance stock results from September to October 23, 1998 in the United States.
- BI industry stock report. // Business Insurance;10/26/98, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p75
Presents insurance stock results in the United States as of October 23, 1998. Includes Aon Corp.; ACE Ltd.; Chubb Corporation.
- Returns on insurance stocks. // Insurance Advocate;12/9/95, Vol. 106 Issue 48, p26
Reports on the performance of insurance stocks in November 1995.
- The Hogue insurance stock report. Hogue, Robert D. // Insurance Advocate;2/10/96, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p24
Presents securities analyst Robert D. Hogue's analysis of insurance stocks in the United States, for the week ending March 10, 1996. Improvement in the performance of gold sector funds; Advance/decline relationship for the Coleman Insurance Universe; Focus on the stock of HCC Holdings.
- A quiet period. Hogue, Robert D. // Insurance Advocate;08/24/96, Vol. 107 Issue 33, p26
Reports on the insurance stock market activity in August 1996. Contradicting economic signals coming from the government and the industry; Winners and losers for the week ending August 24, 1996; Availability of information relevant to the insurance industry on the Internet.
- Only brokers, specialists lagged in ins. June bloom. Meakin, Thomas K. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/15/96, Vol. 100 Issue 29, p37
Reports on the performance of insurance stocks in the United States for the month of June 1996. 60-to-40 ratio of winners to losers; Outperformance of the general market.
- BI industry stock report. // Business Insurance;9/11/95, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p83
Provides information on insurance industry stock report in the United States from September 4-9, 1995. Book value; Market value.