Enforcement: Judge Reinstates Pacific Genesis' License Until June 8 Hearing
- Judge calls on California regulators and Pacific Genesis to reach settlement. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30294, p3
States that Pacific Genesis Group and state regulators were urged by a Sacramento County Superior Court judge on December 16th, 1997 to reach a settlement in a securities fraud lawsuit before the 17th. Circumstances surrounding the filing of the lawsuit by the California Department of...
- NASD files five-point complaint against California's Pacific Genesis Group. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30202, p3
Reports that the National Association of Securities Dealers has filed a complaint against the Pacific Genesis Group. State probe into the company's business practices in the municipal bond market; Registration violation by company chairman David Fitzgerald; Complaints over the bonds issued by...
- State: Ruling Would Hurt Muni Market. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/10/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30928, p1
Reports on the consequences of a court ruling favoring Pacific Genesis Group Inc. on the securities market and investors in California. Failure of the company to disclose land-based bonds it underwrote; Appeal on the decision of the court.
- Securities fraud case continues against California underwriter. Marios, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30292, p1
Comments on a lawsuit which was brought against underwriter Pacific Genesis Group by the California Department of Corporations. Allegations cited in suit; Circumstances surrounding lawsuit; Details on lawsuit.
- Pacific Genesis, California agree to let monitor review deals. Marois, Michael B.; Stanton, Michael; Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/22/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30297, p1
Reports that Pacific Genesis Group on December 19, 1997, agreed to let an independent monitor review all of its land-based financing while the California Department of Corporations continues to pursue a lawsuit against the company. Details on the suit; Stipulations of the agreement; Other...
- Settlement ends PGG fraud case. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30583, p1
States that Pacific Genesis Group Inc. has agreed to settle the fraud lawsuit filed against it by the California Department of Corporations. Allegations against the company; Terms of the settlement; Benefits of the move to Pacific Genesis.
- California sues Pacific Genesis for defrauding bond investors. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p1
Announces the state of California's suit against San Francisco-based underwriter Pacific Genesis Group for alleged fraud in connection with a number of land-secured bond deals. Terms of the state Department of Corporations' lawsuit filed on November 13, 1997; Key people named in the suit;...
- Witness: Rancho Lucerne Couldn't Have Enough Land Sale Revenues to Pay Debt. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p33
No abstract available.
- Rancho Lucerne Developer Questioned in Pacific Genesis Trial. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31066, p6
Reports on the securities fraud non-jury trial against Pacific Genesis Group Inc. Questioning of Manoucher Sarbaz of the Pacific Golf Community Development in Los Angeles, California.