- Moody's-Too Far, Again? Controversial rating practice wins it market share, as in '96. Tempkin, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/25/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 25, pN.PAG
Reports that firms dealing in collateralized debt obligation in the U.S. are accusing Moody's Investors Service Inc. of unfair rating practices. Incentive to investors to buy bonds with Moody's rating on it; Restrictions put by rating agencies on collateral bonds that they do not rate; Moody's...
- Rated for First Time, Midway Airport Gets High Marks Heading Into Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p6
Reports the rating of the Midway Airport senior-lien general airport revenue bonds by the rating agencies in Chicago, Illinois. Differences in the rating between Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor and Fitz; Series of pricing on the transactions; Factors on the revenue growth.
- Moody's May Reward Miami for Improved Finances With Upgrade From Junk. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p6
Reports the review of Moody's Investor Service rating agency for the junk-credit rating in Miami, Florida. Impact of the bond rating review on outstanding debt; Factors attributing the rating agency to review the junk-credit rating of the city; Account on the general fund budget deficit of the...
- Univ. of Texas Earns Moody's Aaa, a First for a Public College. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30921, p3
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s upgrading of the University of Texas System's bond rating. Outstanding revenue bonds and general tuition bonds affected by the rating; Improvements in the system's credit quality which led to the bond upgrade.
- CALIFORNIA: UC's Solid Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31275, p50
Reports on the rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the University of California's multi-million dollar revenue bonds that will be sold in December 2001 in order to finance research facilities at the system's campuses. Basis of the rating; Capacity of the university system to...
- Tobacco Fallout Cited as Moody's Lowers $9.5B in California Rans. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31610, p1
Financial ratings company Moody's Investors Service Inc. has cut the rating on 9.5 billion dollars of California revenue anticipation notes scheduled to mature June 20, 2003, saying it doubted the state will be able to sell a planned 2 billion dollar tobacco securitization by then in order to...
- Moody's, Fitch Theater Further Downgrades of Tobacco Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p4
Reports on possible downgrade in ratings of tobacco bonds by ratings agencies Moody's Investors Services Inc. and Fitch Ratings Inc. Reason behind the downgrade in ratings of bonds; Impact of the downgrade in ratings of bonds on other general obligation bonds.
- CONNECTICUT: Rating Reassurance. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p33
Reports the ratings for general obligation bond sale in Connecticut. Increase of budget gap; Reflection of the ratings of Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Corp for the bond sale.
- Harris County, Tex., to Sell Nearly $200 Million in Road Refunding GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p3
Reports on the sale of general obligation road refunding bonds by Harris County, Texas. Accounts on bond ratings of the county by the companies Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service; Allocation of the bond sale for refunding outstanding bonds; Continuance of the issuance of commercial...