Trends in the Region: Illinois Toll Authority Reformers Aim to Drive in Fast Lane
- Discussing the future of toll roads in Texas. Nichols, Robert // Malakoff News (TX);3/16/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p4A
The article discusses the monopolistic system in the toll road industry of Texas, as well as a proposed bill that aims to bring regulatory reforms in the industry.
- Traffic Levels Become a Concern For Future California Road Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p3
Reports on concerns regarding the performance of California road bonds following decision of Fitch Ratings to downgrade San Joaquin Hills toll road bonds. Insurance of the bonds by MBIA Insurance Corp.; Comments of Peter Bianchini, vice president of Charles Schwab Investment Management on...
- Dulles Toll Road Bonds Stripped From Virginia Budget Proposal. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;4/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33694, p4
The article reports on the removal of the authorization bond of Dulles toll road from the Virginia budget proposal, final general assembly for the final vote on the budget is on April 17, 2012.
- Colorado Officials Consider Toll Agency for Road Funding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31200, p1
Reports that Colorado highway officials may ask the Legislature to create a state toll road authority to allow them to take advantage of toll-backed revenue bonds. Use of the bonds for highway projects; Success of toll roads.
- Texas tollway board ready to proceed with turnpike revenue bond sale. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p28
Reports that the North Texas Tollway Authority board agreed to move forward with its first new-money bond sale. Preparation of legal documents related to the offering; Underwriters.
- Toll Road Deals Freighted With Underlying Risks, Experts Say. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;04/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30864, p9
Focuses on analysts' comments on the risks contained in unrated start-up toll road bond deals in the United States. Comparison with established credits such as the deal involving the New Jersey Turnpike; Traffic feasibility forecasts on start-up toll roads; Bond pricing of start-up toll roads.
- Price of Proposed Dallas Road Taking Its Toll on Issuers. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31021, p44
Reports on a proposed bond-finance toll road in Dallas, Texas. Cost projections; Structure of the bonds.
- With $2B on Tap, Toll Issue Could Extend Special Session in Texas. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;7/1/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33141, p3
The article reports on a bill which would authorize a 2 billion dollar bond issue for the Texas Department of Transportation for toll road construction. It also reports that the bill would be debated in a special session of the legislature. It is stated that the matter of toll road is...
- Toll Tug-of-War in South Carolina. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33346, p1
The article reports on the argument between South Carolina investors and the state over who will receive a bigger share of revenue from bankrupt bond-funded toll road outside Greenville.