New Jersey Acting Governor Names Attorney as Treasurer Candidate
- STATE ALLOCATIONS OF PRIVATE-ACTIVITY BONDS IN 2001. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31399, p6
Presents a chart depicting state allocations of private-activity bonds in the U.S. Mortgage revenue bonds of Arizona; Citation on the multifamily housing of Iowa; Exempt facilities of Oklahoma.
- Kansas Budget Crisis Pushes KDOT Into $400 Million Refunding. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p32
Reports on the sale of the refunding bonds of the Kansas Department of Transportation to preserve the transportation plan of the state in times of budget crises. Concerns on the ability to plan for future projects; Impact of the crisis on the transportation plan of the state; Amount of state...
- Florida's Estimated Budget Gap Balloons; Bonding Might Suffer. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/16/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33434, p28
The article reports that a larger shorfall in budget is being predicted by economists in Florida in a change that could translate into lesser bonding capability for the state in fiscal 2012.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siga, Shelly; Newman, Emily; Siegal, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p2
Presents news briefs related to events that occurred in the U.S. as of August 7, 2003. Person who won the renomination in the Democratic primary in Mississippi; Rise of newly issued securities by the Treasury Department in the U.S.; Amount of bond notes auctioned by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- ILLINOIS: State's Outlook Dims. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p29
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's has downgraded its outlook on $375 million of general obligation bonds of Illinois. Reason behind the decision of agency for downgrading the outlook; Budget deficit expected for the state for fiscal year 2001.
- Budget-less state takes rating hit. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 28, p1
Focuses on the impact of the absence of the state budget on Connecticut's borrowing costs. Bond rating of the Moody's Investors Service; Debt of Connecticut; Decline of Connecticut's tax revenue.
- Florida Lawmakers Aim to Cut Budget By $1B Without Using Reserves or Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/11/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32731, p8
The article reports on the move of Bradenton, Florida lawmakers to cut the $71.5 billion state budget by $1 billion without dipping into reserves or authorizing the issuance of new bonds. It states that the Republican-led Legislature plans to survive the 2007 financial crisis by reducing public...
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;4/29/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33308, p21
The article lists the competitive note offerings by Ipreo which include columns for issuers, state, description, amount, time of sale, financial adviser and legal opinion.
- California's Big Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p1
Reports on the provisions of the Proposition 76 of the November 8, 2005 special election ballot in California. Use of the proposition to tame the state budget process; Offer of up to three billion dollars in new bond issuance by local governments for transportation projects; Structure of the...