- Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003: Implications for the Future of Health Care. Bakk, Louanne // Health & Social Work;Feb2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p59
The article presents the author's thoughts regarding the U.S. Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003 (MMA). The implications of the MMA for the U.S. health care industry are discussed, which include increased privatization of health care and significant changes to...
- A healthy constitution. B. D. // British Columbia Medical Journal;Mar2013, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p70
The author comments on the challenge filed by six plaintiffs against the constitutionality of the Medicare Protection Act of Canada. The case was filed by the Cambie Surgery Centre, three children and two cancer patients over the penalties imposed by Canadian government that limit a citizen's...
- Minister flags dramatic changes to health. // Lamp;May2014, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p26
The article focuses on several changes being planned for the government's health agenda in Australia. Topics covered include the position of federal health minister Peter Dutton regarding the involvement of private health insurers in primary care, proposed changes to Medicare, and a measure that...
- DOCTORING HEALTH CARE, II. Berenson, Robert A. // American Prospect;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p13
The article focuses on the efforts of the Republican Party to privatize Medicare under the U.S. Medicare Modernization Act. The act prohibits Medicare from bargaining with drug companies. Republicans are said to be using taxpayer money to make the private health insurance alternatives to...
- Medigap Insurance Lacking... // Journal of Financial Planning;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p29
Reveals the results of a survey on the number of Medicare beneficiaries in the United States from 1994 to 1998. Statistics on beneficiaries enrolling in managed care plans; Where the gap is more pronounced.
- Estimates of Dual and Full Medicaid Benefit Dual Enrollees, 1999. Baugh, David K. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p133
Provides information on the estimates of Medicare and Medicaid enrollees and the subpopulation of dual enrollees who receive full Medicaid benefits. Dual enrollees who may receive full Medicaid benefits; Steps involved in the Medicaid MAX data; Factors that can cause the potential for...
- Supplemental Health Insurance. Hogue, Robert D. // Insurance Advocate;09/18/99, Vol. 110 Issue 37, p44
Focuses on supplemental health insurance. Number of people in the United States who are without insurance coverage; Market for supplemental health insurance; Details on the decline of Medicare health maintenance organizations.
- More Medicare turmoil ahead for patients. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;11/13/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p10
Reports that a group of hospitals and medical groups has notified Pima County, Arizona, residents of the changes they can expect in 2001 for the Medicare system. Adjustments that Medicare recipients will have to make in order to bridge the gap in services; Pullout of Cigna and United from Pima...
- Medicare isn't going away. Tieman, Jeff // Modern Healthcare;5/19/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p24
Offers a look at the problems facing Medicare in the U.S. as of May 2003. Changes in the coverage of Medicare; Outlook on Medicare utilization; Challenges facing Medicare panelists in relation to improving the quality of federal health programs.