TEXAS: Bribery Arrests
- India Arrests Eight Banking Officials in Bribery Bust. // India -- West;12/3/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, pA32
The article reports on the arrest of eight senior officials from Indian's leading financial services companies in an alleged bribery scam.
- Bribery arrest. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);8/8/2015, p8
The article reports on the arrest of an alleged hawala operator in Goa on August 7, 2015 in the Louis Berger bribery case.
- Businessman arrested over bribery charges. Rie Takumi // Filipino Reporter;6/19/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the arrest of Rodolfo Quiambao, a Filipino businessman in New York City, for allegedly bribing Con Edison managers to secure contracts for his electrical-design company.
- Indian-Origin Exec. Among 22 Held in FBI Staing. // India -- West;2/5/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 11, pB2
The article reports on the arrest of several executives including Pankesh Patel, David Painter, and Lee Wares for alleged bribery of the defense minister of an African country by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- BBC exec bribe beef. // Daily Variety;10/29/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the arrest of senior BBC Worldwide director of global marketing and brand development Jeff Taylor in Hong Kong, China for allegedly taking bribes.
- ICC ISSUES ARREST WARRANT FOR KENYAN ACCUSED OF BRIBING WITNESS IN RUTO CASE. // African Business News;10/2/2013, p12
The article reports that an arrest warrant has been issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for a man accused of bribing a prosecution witness in the case against Kenyan Deputy President William Ruto.
- Turkey's interior minister refutes corruption claims. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;12/23/2013, p11
The article reports that Turkish Interior Minister Muammer Guler denied allegations of corruption on December 22, 2013. According to the author, Guler's son, Baris Guler, was among the 14 people who were arrested on December 21, 2013 as part of the anti-graft investigation on corruption,...
- Former Cook County Official Charged with Steering Contracts in Return for Kickbacks. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;8/8/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 31, p1
The article reports that Eugene Mullins, former director of the Cook County Department of Public Affairs and Communications in Cook County, Illinois has been arrested on the charges of fraud and corruption. It states Mullin was found that guilty of fraudulently steering four county contracts to...
- Report: Crackdown on N. Korean entrepreneurial activity has led to widespread corruption. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;12/19/2009, p1
The article reports that North Korea's repressive and arbitrary penal system has prompted many citizens to resort to bribery to escape arrest and harsh punishment. According to the report by Seoul-based Korea Development Institute (KDI), corrupt North Korean officials abuse the system in order...