Bill to Quicken Environmental Process For Road Projects Gets Mixed Reaction
- Yet another turf dispute. // National Journal;4/05/97, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p643
Reports that turf dispute between the US Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee and the Judiciary Committee could come to the fore if media magnate Rupert Murdoch's satellite broadcast venture leads to a rewriting of copyright laws.
- Congress picks new Republican panel leaders. Limbacher, Patricial B. // Pensions & Investments;2/20/95, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the US Congress' selection of Republican leaders to head different panels. Ban of proxy voting in committees; Reduction in committee staff; Changes in names of committees.
- The banking committees. // American Banker;3/3/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 42, p12
Features the members of the Senate and House banking committees. Rep. Henry B. Gonzalez; Rep. Stephen L. Neal; Rep. John J. LaFalce; Sen. Richard H. Bryan; Sen. Barbara Boxer; More.
- Industry looking for its allies among rookies on bank panel. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;12/22/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 245, p3
Reports that half of the House Banking Committee's new members have never held office before. Increase in Jim Leach's voting bloc; Retention of Democrats seniority on Appropriations and Ways and Means.
- Friends of Puerto Rico revived. // Caribbean Business;4/22/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p36
Reports on the revival of the Friends of Puerto Rico Committee in the United States Congress. Efforts of congressman Michael Forbes in reviving the committee; Role of the committee in pursuing policies and laws that are of benefit to the island; Plans of Forbes to obtain an increase in federal...
- The shrinking roster of congressional committees. // National Journal;7/29/96, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p1958
Presents data on the number of congressional committees and subcommittees of the United States for 1974-1994.
- Houses nixes committee funding rule. // Human Events;04/04/97, Vol. 53 Issue 13, p23
Presents a chart indicating the votes of congressmen during deliberations at the US House of Representatives on the resolution authorizing appropriation of the chamber's committees. Rebellion of 11 conservative members; Need to streamline the federal government; Funding for the Government...
- Senate committees. Shin, Annys // National Journal;4/12/97, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p716
Reports on the various staff changes in the United States Senate committees. Includes staff changes in the Senate Appropriations Committee; Bruce M. Evans as clerk of the Interior and Related Agencies Subcommittee; New staff members in the Senate Special Committee.
- Faces will not change much on education panels. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;11/16/94, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the members of education committees of the 104th Congress. Committee members who lost in the 1994 elections; Re-election of all Republican incumbents.