FTA Official Sees Big Needs for Sector Over Next 20 Years
- State Match For BRT Looks Nearer. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/2/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p11
The article announces that the U.S. Federal Transit Administration is ready to pay its 80 percent share of the bus rapid transit (BRT) line it had authorized The Rapid to construct along the Division Avenue corridor that runs through Grand Rapids, Wyoming and Kentwood. The transit route will...
- Proposed FTA Rules Consider Emissions, Energy, and Housing. Jordan, Jason // Planning;Mar2012, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the proposed rules for the New Starts and Small Starts transit program that would change the evaluation criteria for grant applications by the U.S. Federal Transit Administration (FDA).
- Good transit costs $77B. // American Agent & Broker;Sep2010, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p9
The article focuses on the recent study by Federal Transit Administration (FTA) concerning the repair of mass transit systems, bus and rail in the U.S. which reveals that 77.7 billion dollar would be spent to bring the nation's bus, rail and mass transit into good operating order.
- Federal Fiscal Year 2012 Annual List of Certifications and Assurances for Federal Transit Administration Grants and Cooperative Agreements. Rogoff, Peter M. // Federal Register;11/ 1/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 211, p67534
The article announces a notice which lists certifications and assurances for the U.S. Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grants and cooperative agreements for federal fiscal year (FY) 2012 in various areas including Atlanta in Georgia, Chicago in Illinois and New York.
- Billions Needed to Repair U.S. Transit Systems, Study Says. // Professional Safety;Oct2010, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that an estimated amount of 77.7 billion dollars is required for the restoration of the rail and bus transit systems in the U.S. and 14.4 billion dollars for its maintenance according to the study conducted by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
- Tu ConexiÃ³n buses stuck in a parking lot. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;11/27/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 46, p2
The article reports on the 24 commuter buses which have been held in a lot in RÃo Piedras, San Juan, Puerto Rico since late 2012 instead of commuting passengers. It states that the rerouting plans and the overhauling of the bus lines are the reasons why the buses were parked. U.S. Department...
- Oahu rail proposal. // Travel Daily;12/31/2012, p2
The article offers information on the agreement finalized by the U.S. Federal Transit Administration with Hawaii officials, securing of about $1 billion in federal funding for a trail transit system in Honolulu.
- Transit: FTA Pegs Capital Needs: $77.7 Billion. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/2/2010, Vol. 265 Issue 4, p9
The article reports on the statement by the U.S. Federal Transit Administration (FTA) that it would need 18.3 billion U.S. dollars yearly over 20 years to be able to put all U.S. transit systems into good repair condition.
- PART III: ACTIVITIES: CHAPTER 22: USE OF TRANSPORTATION: 22.8: Public Transit. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli // Consumer Behavior;2017/2018, Vol. 12, p156
Statistics are presented regarding public transit from the National Transit Database of the Federal Transit Administration in the U.S. in 2015 including number of urban transit agencies and rural and tribal government transit agencies in the U.S.