Appropriations: House Panel Approves $36.1B for HUD, $2.15B for Clean-Water SRFs
- How HUD's 'Disaster Plan' Will Affect Your Funding. // Assisted Housing Alert;May2013, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p33
The article discusses how the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will manage funding of the Section 8 Project Based Rental Assistance Program (PBRA) under sequestration cuts imposed by 2013 fiscal year. It outlines HUD's plan which includes the renewal of all Section 8...
- HUD's Expenditure Plan Satisfied Statutory Conditions; Sustained Controls and Modernization Approach Needed. Melvin, Valerie C. // GAO Reports;2/12/2014, p1
The article presents a report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) in relation to a fiscal year 2013 information technology (IT) expenditure plan of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as of February 2014. Topics discussed include description of GAO's objectives...
- Sequestration "Cuts" Will Not Be Real Cuts. // New American (08856540);12/19/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p7
The article reports that the failure of the U.S. Congress Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction, known as the SuperCommittee, concerning spending cuts will lead to the sequestration process where automatic limits will be placed on discretionary spending for defense and some social programs.
- Housing: Congress Clears HUD Spending Bill; Bush Expected to Sign $30B Package. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p4
Focuses on the provisions of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's multi-billion-dollar spending bill for the fiscal year starting October 1, 2001. Authorization of the creation of thousands of section 8 rental assistance vouchers; Amount allocated for U.S. President George W....
- Sides Debate Section 8. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p1
Focuses on the impact of the Section 8 program of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development on housing market. Benefits of multifamily rental property owners; Factors contributing to the decline of affordable housing inventory; Notion of the government in changing the contract.
- HUD adds union partner. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/8/95, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the deal signed by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development with construction unions to provide training and jobs for public housing residents. Demonstration programs; Grants for the training; Reaction to the program.
- HUD and unions have a chance to revitalize lives and buildings. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/8/95, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p118
Editorial. Lauds the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development's partnership agreement with the private sector. Setting up of demonstration programs to provide environmental training and job opportunities to public housing residents; Advantages of the cooperative venture.
- HUD streamlines field structure. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the streamlining of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) regional operations. Appointment of new leaders for housing and Federal Housing Administration (FHA) field offices; New organizational structure as part of Vice President Gore's National...
- HUD implements a new financial management system. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the new financial management system known as Housing and Urban Development Central Accounting Program System (HUDCAPS) in 53 Housing and Urban Development Area Offices. HUDCAPS as a control on Section 8 program funding.