Nevada Task Force Eyes Lottery, Taxes
- Proposed appraisal caps, spending limits supported. // East Bernard Express (TX);1/25/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p5
The article highlights the recommendations made by the Governor's Task Force on Appraisal Reform in Texas relevant to the empowerment of taxpayers and the promotion of a healthy economy.
- UITF on leasing and tax-driven financing. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Dec96, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p8
Reports that the Urgent Issues Task Force (UITF) in Great Britain has considered the comments received on the draft abstract published on July 31, 1996 and has concluded that an abstract entitled `Income and Expenses Subject to Non-Standard Rates of Tax' should be issued in the near future. ...
- White House announces tax reform task force. Youngman, Sam // Hill;3/26/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p3
The article focuses on the announcement made by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration concerning the formation of a task force responsible for the tax code to reduce corporate welfare.
- Multinational Task Force to Fight Abuses. // Practical Accountant;Jul2004, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p17
The article reports that in IR-2004-61, the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has announced that tax commissioners of Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, and the U.S. have established a joint task force to increase collaboration and coordinate information about abusive tax transactions by signing a...
- Your Town. // Jefferson County Journal;6/29/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 26, pA3
The article offers information on notices in Missouri including the nomination deadline for the Jefferson/Washington County USDA Farm Service Agency committee positions in Hillsboro, the Highway W/MM Citizens Task Force meeting in House Springs, and the special election on tax hike proposal in...
- Panel to Pittsburgh: Create Review Board, Revamp Taxes. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;5/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31637, p30
An eight-member task force has recommended that Pittsburgh create a financial review board and implement a host of new taxes to generate income and modernize its revenue structure owing to budget deficits. In a report sent to Governor Ed Rendell, the Pittsburgh Economic Improvement Task Force...
- UITF 40 controversy continues. // Accountancy;Jun2005, Vol. 135 Issue 1342, p102
Reports on the controversy that continue to plague the Urgent Issues Task Force Abstract 40 on the issue of revenue recognition in Great Britain in 2005. Information that can be obtained from the Web site of ICAEW; Possible impact of the revenue recognition issue on professional services firm;...
- An Internet Connection: Gross vs Net. // Practical Accountant;Oct2000, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p30
Deals with Emerging Issues Task Force's (EITF) plan to focus on companies that sell goods or services over the Internet. Ways of recognizing revenue; Scope of transactions covered by a consensus of EITF; Indicators of gross revenue reporting.
- Chief Counsel Revamps Case-Specific Advice Procedures to Match LMSB's New Enforcement Paradigms. Blair, David B.; Mersereau, Dwight N. // Tax Executive;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p300
The article discusses the changes made by a Task Force, assigned by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service National Office, to the case-specific guidance program of the agency to suit its Large and Mid-Size Business currency initiative. It is said that such initiative has blocked the agency's...